Warhammer Online - Capital Cities FAQ

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Offical FAQ on those city cuts.
So you cut 4 of the 6 cities, does this mean I will be enjoying WAR with only 1/3 of its original content?

We did not cut 2/3 of our content; far from it. Before, when our goal was to do six of them, WAR cities were the typical places to go for player services and to just hang out. By focusing all of our energy and effort into two capitals, we have managed to add so much more content than we would have if we had continued pushing to launch all six. Our capital cities are now packed with content and places to explore including: Guild taverns, dungeons, quests, PQs, King encounters, player services, and the most exciting thing of all--now they act as battlegrounds to fight over and protect when under attack. Beyond this, the list goes on and on. WAR now has more content than ever before, and by focusing our efforts we have been able to create a unique experience far beyond our plans when we first set out to make a great game.
More information.

How will the RvR endgame work now with only 2 capital cities?

Actually, it works out even better than we had originally designed.

Goodness, that's a relief. I had somehow picked up this crazy notion that cutting whole chunks out of your design specs due to resource shortage this far into the process would WEAKEN the final product. Glad I was totally wrong.

Yeah, this kind of self-delusional, semi-circular logic should be disturbing to the fans waiting for this game. "It's actually a good thing. By cutting content, we were able to develop more content. Get it now?"

o_O

Well, it would make some sort of sense when the complexity of the game had increased so much with all cities remaining, that it would've become harder to master.

Cutting things in one place gives more time and energy to polish things in another place.

Yeah, well... I guess that's what they mean, but let's face it - while cutting content might mean higher quality it must mean less choice.

Back
Top Bottom