Hogwarts Legacy - State of Play Video

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new video for Hogwarts Legacy that includes gameplay.

Avalanche Software and Warner Bros. Games are happy to partner with PlayStation to bring you a special edition of State of Play entirely dedicated to Hogwarts Legacy. The show will run for about 20 minutes, featuring over 14 minutes of Hogwarts Legacy game-play captured on PS5, and concluding with some insight from a few members of the team at Avalanche Software who are bringing the Wizarding World to life.
More information.

I'm hyped after watching that! It really captured the feel of Harry Potter series so well :D can't wait!!

I'm not a Harry Potter fan at all but this still looks like it could be a pretty cool game. Fingers crossed.

I used to enjoy the books quite a bit when they first released, not so much when I re-read them a few years back. I'm still hoping the game is good, so keeping all my digits crossed!

I'm rarely into games based on established properties, but this might be fun. Looks pretty good to me from the ~5 minutes of gameplay I watched.

It looks fun!

Let's hope it's not developed for console first and kept PC-compatible as an afterthought, seeing the developer's past and the list of supported platforms for this game.

Looks awesome, great that you can design your own wizard's look.

I could play that :)

Regarding the release: does "Holiday 2022" mean winter/Yule or summer holiday?

I couldn't stay awake during any of the HP films I tried to watch, so I can't say this is something I'd be interested in. Given the popularity of the IP though, I'll be really surprised if it isn't a big seller.

I couldn't stay awake during any of the HP films I tried to watch, so I can't say this is something I'd be interested in. Given the popularity of the IP though, I'll be really surprised if it isn't a big seller.

It's a pretty great and very versatile universe that the author created. I liked the movies quite a bit (though I can't say loved. Nothing close to LOTR). They're very enjoyable. And they also manage to get decently dark and mature. It's only the first 2 that are a lot more whimsical and childish. I also read the first 5 books iirc, and enjoyed this as light and fun fantasy books.

Is this the Avalanche studio that did the Mad Max game, and the other game where you rope wire and glide around?

No. Mad Max and the Just Cause games were done by Avalanche Studios Group. They're a Swedish developer.

This Avalanche is an American developer. They've been around a long time though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avalanche_Software

Yeah, doesn't inspire much confidence. They seem to have mostly handled movie licensed games. But this one looks impressive enough. Except for the mobility of the wizard while in combat, which seems to me oddly static and rooted in position. Hope they also have some maneuverability skills.

This game looks massive, promising and incredibly expensive. By the looks of it, it is designed to please a larger audience. So, I don't expect it to be any more RPGish than most action RPG are. I just hope this won't turn out to be another mindless-button-smashing action game.

I haven't immersed myself into the setting to be excited about his but know someone who would like this. Perhaps if I started reading the books.

Back
Top Bottom