Dolmen - Preview @Well Played

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Dolmen has been previewed by Well Played who found the combat and science fiction themes to mesh well together.

Dolmen's combat combines a few different attributes beyond the usual hack and slash or gun combat. When you first load up, you'll be given the option of choosing from a few different loadouts that can either focus on up close or long-distance combat, a more defensive strategy or a good all-round average of the two options. I practised with a few different types but found the option of having a pistol or battle rifle handy along with an axe in hand to be a worthwhile option, getting in a few shots on an incoming enemy before finishing them off with a heavy attack to the face. Or at least, I think it was a face.

There are giant spider-like creatures that litter the early areas of Revion Prime, creeping around corners or jumping out from high places after lying in wait. There are also part-human, zombie-like fire monsters that spew fire and lash out with devastating attacks. I got glimpses of other monsters here and there, each one sending a shiver down my spine as they snarl and screech in the distance, and a few boss battles that tested my timing and pushed my inventory management to the limit. I didn't exactly get jump scared, but everything about Dolmen is black and vicious. What little colour there is comes from your attacks and the odd light that flashes ominously in the distance, this isn't a pretty place to be and that's entirely by design.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Back
Top Bottom