Encased - Review @ Many A True Nerd

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Many A True Nerd checked out the post-apocalypse RPG Encased:

Encased - The Great Post-Apocalypse Car Heist

Encased is a classic-format post-apocalypse RPG, but with an especially strong focus on roleplaying, and thus begins my plan to conduct the world's most vaguely-defined vehicular heist...

More information.

I had almost forgotten about this game.

I still have to give it a try, it showed good potential, though I remember the initial reviews weren't amazing.

I think most people said first half is amazing, second half is poop.

It's not that contrasted in my experience. The 2nd half isn't bad but it's less developed. I was hoping the previous patch would correct that, but instead they added an independent quest and new gameplay improvements, which was somewhat disappointing. It does add something at least.

It's a nice little game but doesn't have the pretention of a Pathfinder or even a PoE2. Yet it does quite a few things very well.

I wonder what they'll do after patch 4 and the Arena. I haven't seen any plan of DLC or anything.

I bought it after release, but am still waiting a bit longer to play. Last I read it isn't even feature/content complete yet.

Last edited:
I bought it after release, but am still waiting a bit longer to play. Last I read it isn't even feature/content complete yet.

I thought it was feature complete, but just that some areas in the later parts have very little content?

They announced it was feature complete and released it in September. Since, they have been patching, tuning, changing few things left and right, mainly QOL stuff.

I thought the second half of the game was very underwhelming compared to the first part, way too much in fact. I got bored and never finished it.

Back
Top Bottom