The Witcher - Upgrade Pack Poll @ Official Site

magerette

Hedgewitch
With the launch of The Witcher Enhanced Edition coming up in a few months, CDProjeckt is asking for input from game owners on how they'd like their upgrade. They've already made it know that the new features will be available as a free download, but due to the size of the package and number of improvements, they are checking to see if fans would be willing to pay for a physical copy:
We remember the promise we made, so of course, anyone who has registered a copy of the game will be able to download a free update to turn the standard version of The Witcher into the Enhanced Edition. Because of the many technical improvements and additional content (audio files of all language versions, new adventures, D’jinni editor, etc.), we realize that this will likely be a rather large file to download. That’s why we’ve come up with the idea to meet our players’ needs halfway and preparee something special for people who don’t want to download it from the internet.

The idea is a sort of “Upgrade Version” that would allow them to enjoy all the wonders of the Enhanced Edition without buying another copy of the game.

When we make decisions, we always take into consideration the opinions of our fans, and that’s why we would like to ask you about one thing. Would you be interested in buying this set, if it were available in shops?

Content of the set :

- New game box
- Patch that turns standard ‘The Witcher’ into the Enhanced Edition
- Bonus DVD with new adventures and D’jinni e editor
- Game manual
- Game guide
- Remastered ‘Making of The Witcher’ DVD with additional content
- ‘Inspired by The Witcher’ Music CD
- Soundtrack CD
- Map of the world
- Andrzej Sapkowski’s short story
You can vote here after you log in. The estimated price would be about 14.99 euros.
More information.

I guess looks like is more than 1 gb of content? hard to host that.

I will buy it, or i will sell my copy and buy the enhance one.

Time to find a victim :D
________
NEW JERSEY DISPENSARIES

Last edited:
They should make a torrent of it then it will be easy to get.

15 € is a good price -I would buy it.

I deffinately would not buy it. If it's a real addon, then I would but we're talking about a bugfree version that they should have supplied long ago. Since when does anyone pay for patches??

I wasn't planning on buying the EE, just downloading it. But I would definitely buy this at half price. I don't view it as paying for a patch. After all the game has always been very stable for me. Iirc the updated content is supposed to address poor design choices - e.g: Automatic sword sheathing, lack of variety in character models, etc.. Those aren't 'bugs', they work fine, just poorly designed.

And to have the opportunity for two soundtrack CDs as opposed to messing with downloading and then burning them onto another disc... for some reason I hate messing with that. I'd rather have a factory produced disc and forget it.

Plus the map?? Oh yeah, I think this is a great idea.

I deffinately would not buy it. If it's a real addon, then I would but we're talking about a bugfree version that they should have supplied long ago. Since when does anyone pay for patches??

You will still be able to download it. But they are offering everything else that is going to be packaged in the retail Enhanced edition for a small price for current customers. So they are not charging for the patch, but they are charging for the extras, and to have a physical copy of the patch. The patch will still be free to download on the internet for all registered users.

I was planning on buying the enhanced Edition for all the stuff, but now it looks like I'll be able to get all that stuff for $15 upgrade price. I'll pay the $15.

The game is pretty much bug free for me already (with the latest patch of course). The only problems I've had is an error message when I quit the game (after it's quit) and one crash when I try to open the Journal too quickly after zoning/changing areas. So, I wouldn't think of this as buying the patch at all.

The only design flaw I can think of is the fact that it NEVER saves over old saves. I mean hell...do I need EVERY friggin save to be preserved? Please god make it cycle over ten save slots (even 20 would be ok). Having to manually delete dozens of old saves, repeatedly, is pretty damned annoying.

I'll buy the EE (at this price) just to give these guys more money so they can make another full game. There aren't many games that have made me feel that way (ever).

@ Jabberwockey: If you draw the sword by attacking an enemy then, yes, the sword is automatically sheathed after combat. But if you draw the sword on your own by pressing the hotkey (before combat) then it will stay unsheathed forever (or until you harvest a plant/talk to someone/etc). It's funny because to me the fact that it stays unsheathed is annoying as hell. (incidentally it's also a minor cheat, because if you have your sword unsheathed while drunk you move at the faster speed, instead of the slow/staggering around speed).

You will still be able to download it. But they are offering everything else that is going to be packaged in the retail Enhanced edition for a small price for current customers. So they are not charging for the patch, but they are charging for the extras, and to have a physical copy of the patch. The patch will still be free to download on the internet for all registered users.

I was planning on buying the enhanced Edition for all the stuff, but now it looks like I'll be able to get all that stuff for $15 upgrade price. I'll pay the $15.

Yes, this is so. But the price is 15 Euros...maybe it will be same in dollars? I just thought that 15 Euros were the same as 30 US dollars?

I haven't bought The Witcher yet; I'm waiting for the Enhanced Edition :)

@ aries100: Yes, you are correct. In the USA we will be paying $30 for it.

@ Majnun: I'm sorry but you are incorrect. Even drawing the weapon manually (without attacking an npc) results in automatic sheathing after a time... At least in my game it does. And even if you're right, it's still annoying when you are in a dungeon area to sheath the sword evertime you want to pick something up. Sure it's more realistic to have him sheath it when in town, but just as unrealistic for him to trot through a Gravier infested crypt with it stuck to his back.

Back
Top Bottom