Genshin Impact - Kamisato Ayaka Trailer

In a show of the utmost solidarity, I am going to comment in this thread, so it doesn't sink down the site with zero comments and interest shown like about every other news post about this game. Such a quality choice, this gacha cash machine that forces users to install invasive anti-cheat software despite being single-player, from our resident Steam curator.

Genshin Impact is a single player game and a multi player game. The anti-cheat system runs only during the game.
I'm happy that an anti-cheat system is in place, because I have experienced a hack back in the days of Farcry 2, when a cheater completely hacked my character during an online MP session. Back then Ubisoft could NOT repair my account - 2500 gaming hours were lost.
I'm playing Genshin since 2020 (for ca. 1500 hours) and I'm still having a blast.
The game is still very F2P friendly and completely playable without spending extra money.
I'm using the game-pass for $10 per month now and then to support this excellent game with tons of content.
Just by playing I could max out 10 five-star characters and 22 four-star characters.
More than enough to beat the game easily. I'm currently at Adventure rank 59 close to 60 the game's maximum.

Two questions:

How does anti-cheat prevent another user from using a security flaw in the software to hack your computer ?

How do you know the anti-cheat system doesn't introduce additional security flaws that can be hacked ?

Genshin Impact is a single player game and a multi player game. The anti-cheat system runs only during the game.
I'm happy that an anti-cheat system is in place, because I have experienced a hack back in the days of Farcry 2, when a cheater completely hacked my character during an online MP session. Back then Ubisoft could NOT repair my account - 2500 gaming hours were lost.
I'm playing Genshin since 2020 (for ca. 1500 hours) and I'm still having a blast.
The game is still very F2P friendly and completely playable without spending extra money.
I'm using the game-pass for $10 per month now and then to support this excellent game with tons of content.
Just by playing I could max out 10 five-star characters and 22 four-star characters.
More than enough to beat the game easily. I'm currently at Adventure rank 59 close to 60 the game's maximum.

It is working as a driver file: mhyprot3.sys
It prevents that original .exe/.dll files are modified, injected, bypassed or subclassed.

With these methods hackers try to get into the tcp/ip-stream, to send back false/changed information back to the game servers to get better profiles, save games, virtual money etc.

If the anti-cheat engine detects such plug-ins, 3rd-party software or wrong checksums of the original files you will be banned.

This game looks like a steaming pile of turd.

Might be worth a play once I finished playing almost every other game in existence.

Back
Top Bottom