Broken Roads - Q&A

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Drop Bear Bytes released a 30 minutes video interview of Narrative Director Leanne Taylor-Giles and Creative Lead Colin McComb, about their work on Broken Roads:

Broken Roads' Narrative Director and Creative Lead talk story

Drop Bear Bytes' Leanne Taylor-Giles, Narrative Director, and Colin McComb, Creative Lead, answer questions about their work on Broken Roads.

[...]

TIMESTAMPS:
00:00 Broken Roads' Narrative Director and Creative Lead talk story
01:12 How did you become a writer and what are some of your influences?
02:51 What are some of the best written games?
05:37 The writing team are in various time zones. How have you made this work?
08:34 Colin, how have you researched Australia, and what is something you've learned that you find fascinating?
09:51 Leanne, what did you miss about Australia while living in Canada?
10:53 Can you give any details on the apocalypse in Broken Roads?
12:05 You both worked on Torment Tides of Numenera. What's it like to be working together again on another traditional-style CRPG?
15:35 What have been some of your influences for Broken Roads?
18:30 What are some of the challenges in writing about a post-apocalyptic world - a genre that's been explored so much already?
21:48 How do you deal with writer's block?
25:46 What's a highlight of your career, or a personal achievement that you're proud of?
27:47 What advice do you have for aspiring writers?
Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

I paid for the Numenera Kickstarter and I'm still waiting for the Colin McComb novella :)

I paid for the Numenera Kickstarter and I'm still waiting for the Colin McComb novella :)

Last time I spoke to Colin he had actually already completed it. This was in early 2017. He has no association with InXile anymore so the holdup must be on the InXile side. Possibly they might of been concerned with some of the content of the novella/creative differences. They wouldn't of been able to make any changes to Colin's story without his agreement and they may have just deemed it "too difficult".

I guess we probably just have to write it off at this point which is a shame.

Quite interested how this one turns out. They are both great writers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom