HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
GOG launched a Good Old Games Week with classic releases and deals:

Good Old Games Week

Hi All,

On this lovely Friday, we're launching the Good Old Games Week, a dedicated event to put a spotlight on all the great classic games we have on GOG. We're starting with more than 200 classic titles going on sale, with games like Blade Runner, SWAT 4, Heroes of Might & Magic, and a batch of releases with Re-Volt and Deadly Dozen Reloaded on the forefront.

We also felt we're lacking something on GOG, and today we're filling this empty space with a dedicated page for Good Old Games. Here you'll be able to explore and discover all classic titles we managed to bring back to modern gamers - some of them are only available on GOG, some of them were fixed by our talented devs, all of them deserve a place to shine!

Below and attached you'll find the press release as well as some assets. If you need anything, let me know!
We'll have more things happening during the event, and I'll make sure to keep you updated.

Have a great weekend!
More information.

Very nice, but I'm still missing far too many translated versions, most notably those from Sierra / Activision.

Apparingly no-one at Activision saw any need to sell older translated games which had actually been made. Only English.

It's a good step, certainly not their first, and I hope more classics get the treatment they deserve, including many that may not have started out in english.

It seems like almost everything on the site is on sale right now. The prices are the usual sale prices though. The percentages never seem to change. I might grab some of those Star Trek games I want.

Those Star Trek games were pretty enjoyable when they first released. If you enjoy the shows and characters, you'll likely be happy with them all. And any one of them is way better than trying to watch a current Star Trek show.

The only ones I'm interested in are ST: Elite Force 1 & 2. I have fond memories of them, but I'm not sure how well they've aged.

Not being in the sale is an exception at GOG these days ;)

I've always preferred them, but right now I'm staying away because of the problems I had with lack of support, GOG-specific bugs and missing updates (ironic since I like that they don't force me to update :lol:). I'll get back to them when they get their act together again, unless they decide to drop the whole thing.

I realized maybe another reason why I liked GOG was the style of games they have, which better correspond to what I'm into right now. Although Steam has the same offer and more, but it's more difficult to browse their catalog and filter out the noise. Then there's the big vs the underdog thing.

They recently updated Galaxy and seem somewhat more responsive again, so there's hope. :)

The only ones I'm interested in are ST: Elite Force 1 & 2. I have fond memories of them, but I'm not sure how well they've aged.

I played them both a few months back. Actually, they haven't aged too bad at all in my opinion.

An I picked up KotOR 1+2, only to realize I already had them in my Steam library. Never really played them. I'm slowly transitioning to GOG in general, though.

Got Elite Force 2 recently since I missed out on it back in the day. Unfortunately it's unplayable for me due to jerky mouse movement. Not sure what's happening there.

Sacrifice counts as part of the classics. GOG has passed the test. ;)

It seems like almost everything on the site is on sale right now.
Witcher 3 isn't - which is odd, because it and Cyberpunk are both on Sale on Steam.

Oddly enough, I acquired Witcher three some time ago from great old games, and got it for an absolute steal, I think it was seven bucks at the time. And it was probably this very site that clued me in!

I bought the Witcher 3 at full price near release. I didn't really get into it then and gave up after playing it half a day. But recently I tried it again, got some advice from fellow watchers, how to play it best. I have now completed it several times and it is one of my all time favorite RPGs now.

What I try to say with that: It is fully worth to buy it at full price even today and I envy everybody, who has the chance to play it for the first time now...

Got Elite Force 2 recently since I missed out on it back in the day. Unfortunately it's unplayable for me due to jerky mouse movement. Not sure what's happening there.

That's disappointing. I'd check the forum there and see if anyone else is having the same issue.

I bought all the games I was interested in several years ago. I don't think their catalog has changed much at all since then so I never find anything new to buy.

I bought all the games I was interested in several years ago. I don't think their catalog has changed much at all since then so I never find anything new to buy.
From time to time I find a newer Indie game there, for example Heaven's Vault, which is an incredibly good adventure (for people who like deep stories).
But I also find older games i never really tried before like Syberia, which I find quite good, though not great.

Back
Top Bottom