Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia - Released

It's technically an TRPG game as its predecessor was in the past.:p

How labels and descriptions change over twenty years.

Lost Eidolons looks better though.

Last edited:
The publisher doesn't label it as RPG on Steam.

Read my second sentence. In reference to your reply.:)

Brigandine was a tactical role-playing game for the PlayStation. This game is supposed to be it's sequel. I haven't played it yet so they might have changed the formula.

Anyway here is the official description that is not on Steam.
Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia is a tactical role-playing game developed by Matrix Software and published by Happinet. It is a sequel to the 1998 PlayStation game Brigandine: The Legend of Forsena, and features the same core gameplay with a new setting
Just a little nit-picking as labels for these games change constantly.

There are a few interviews and articles about whether certain Japanese developed games even fit the label, but is still used. Just like how no one can define an RPG.

This site as well even with the CRPG analyzer.:lol:

RPG Site says this:
The game also offers a ton of customization during battles, as every unit can change class and learn new abilities as they level.

That's enough for me - I put it into the database as Tactical RPG.

I'm a big fan of hexagonal grids, the one and superior type of grid. This game looks like something that could be down my avenue if I wasn't grasping for free time at the moment.

I loved the original game and reviews on this new one are pretty good - and it seems to, mostly, follow in the footsteps of the original one. If you like turn-based strategy games, it's worth looking at.

I'll keep an eye here to see what any player might think of it. Might take a peek at you-tube and see if someone gives it a whirl there.

I've always been interested in these "tactics" games I've just never been able to commit the time and I have so many games on the backlog at any given time.

WAAAR! Also appears to have a story with all the warlords pecking at each other in the ingame movies. This was the wargame I've been waiting for! :D

I played and beat it on Switch. It's ok. I haven't gotten around to playing the original yet, but I much preferred Dragon Force to this which had far better and more interesting story.

The PC-controls feel a little weird - maybe I try it with a controller again.

Yeah the controls are indeed weird. I recommend using an controller.

Back
Top Bottom