Ruined King - Review @ MG&T

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Movies Games and Tech has reviewed Ruined King: A League of Legends Story:

Review: Ruined King: A League of Legends Story

For over 10 years, Riot Games had exclusively focused their developmental efforts on creating and maintaining League of Legends. This paid off massively for them as League rose to unfathomably heights, and still remains today as the most concurrently played title worldwide.

However, on League's 10th anniversary, Riot announced that they were aiming to expand their catalogue, and were going to put the S back into Riot Games. They began with the launch of the competitive FPS Valorant, and followed up shortly thereafter with the digital collectible card game, Legends of Runeterra. They also branched out of the gaming space late last year, when they partnered with Netflix to release the hit animated series, Arcane.

In the midst of this, they also created the publishing company 'Riot Forge', allowing them to outsource their IPs, and collaborate with various indie studios. This is what led developers Airship Syndicate into creating the 'Ruined King: A League of Legends Story', and it is that which we will be discussing today.

[...]

Final Thoughts

The Ruined King is varied enough that it kept me entertained throughout the majority of my playthrough, but combat fatigue eventually left me feeling a little exhausted by the end of it. While the story is fairly simplistic, the charming characters, mixed with the sublime art style, made it a fun jaunt overall. If you are a fan of League of Legends and turn-based RPGs, then this is the game for you. Otherwise, I'd recommend waiting until this goes on sale before picking it up for yourself.

Score: 7/10
More information.

Back
Top Bottom