Fallout 4 - Point Lookout DLC available

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PC Gamer reports that Fallout 3's Point Lookout DLC is now available in Fallout 4, too:

Now you can play Fallout 3's Point Lookout DLC in Fallout 4

Fallout 4 - Point Lookout mod

Point Lookout was my favorite Fallout 3 expansion, adding an island full of in-bred mutant yokels who've grown thickly callused forearms they hold up to stop you headshotting them, and drugged-up locals who send you on a psychedelic visionquest. It's weird, funny, and a pretty good time, and now you can play it in Fallout 4.

[...]
Thanks Henriquejr!

More information.

Good find but I hate when you need third party apps to play mods. I'm talking about the script extender and extended interface mod. Not a big problem just a me problem.

As I rarely use those mods/third party apps needed to play this.:(

Indeed, that's one of my huge hang-ups with modding games in general, even those that I really enjoy playing. I just don't trust internet stuff, if the changes are legit I figure platforms like GoG/Steam will simply incorporate them, at some point. And I can be quite patient, especially when the option is exposing my machine to malicious mischief.

The headline confused me at first because I was thinking Point Lookout was a Fallout 4 DLC to begin with. It's similar to Far Harbor in some ways and I always get the two mixed up.

The Script Extender is used by a huge amount of Fallout mods which are used by a huge amount of people. If there was any trojan/malware issues with it then one of those many, many users would have brought it up over the years by now because their PC's been borked by it or because yes, some of them do check into the hood of that stuff to make sure there's nothing ticking down to an explosion.

Trojans aren't the problem I just never use it.

Most of my mods are for graphics/ new content, and it's not required for most of them. It's also a pain when it's meant for the Steam version and you have to edit the location.

Like I said a me problem.

The last problem was with Fallout 3, NV, and Skyrim mostly. Anyway I learned to stay away from mods that alter Bethseda games. They caused crashes or instability.

Again that's just my experience many have no problems.:)

I can understand some people's reservations about using FS4E, SKSE, etc... The script extenders do inject new code into the runtime executable image.

However, they have been vetted by the Fallout and Skyrim modding community for years. And I personally have used them without incident time and time again.

Its worth the "risk" for the number of new mods they open up for you...

Last edited:
The headline confused me at first because I was thinking Point Lookout was a Fallout 4 DLC to begin with. It's similar to Far Harbor in some ways and I always get the two mixed up.

Hah, I did exactly the same thing!

I thought Far Harbor was really well done. I thought the robot dlc was pathetic and everything else was between the two extremes. It seems they nail at least one great DLC in every Bethesda release. I'm a huge fan of Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine too if we go back to Oblivion.

I thought Far Harbor was really well done. I thought the robot dlc was pathetic and everything else was between the two extremes. It seems they nail at least one great DLC in every Bethesda release. I'm a huge fan of Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine too if we go back to Oblivion.
Nuka World wasn't bad either but you had to be a raider type to enjoy it.

Far Harbor was the better DLC I agree, and if you go through the game files there are a lot of cut content. Which I guess is usual for any Bethesda RPG nowadays

Back
Top Bottom