Encased - Matt Chat 489

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Matt checked out the sci-fi RPG Encased:

Matt Chat 489: Encased

This episode features an in-depth look at Encased, a fun science-fiction game by Dark Crystal Games. It also features some new musical bites by our own Steam Machine Dalton!
More information.

A bit weird though to call it an "in-depth look" or even a "Review" (as he did at the end of the video) after only playing it for a couple of hours. Especially because majority of feedback regarding Encased is saying that it got a strong start, but then quickly fizzles out.

A bit weird though to call it an "in-depth look" or even a "Review" (as he did at the end of the video) after only playing it for a couple of hours. Especially because majority of feedback regarding Encased is saying that it got a strong start, but then quickly fizzles out.

I think he is using the term very loosely to indicate he will be talking about it for a couple of hours :D

He means well ;) I think it is fair enough to call it a review. I guess I am one of the few people who normally knows in the first few hours whether a game is good or not. If I play a game for more than 2 hours I always finish it. The only recent case I can think of where I was wrong was Tower of Time. That game just got worse the more you played it!! It went from enjoyable to tiresome. I haven't not finished a game in the last 10 years or so I think. Maybe Encased will be similar but I have a feeling while the end will be much weaker it will still be worthwhile to finish.

I suppose calling it an "in-depth look" is fair because of the length of the video, though to me it's just a first impression gameplay.

I'm still waiting for patch #4 before doing another run, but it's slow to come and they wouldn't answer any question about it. Anyway, too hot to play at the moment so it will be for this fall or winter.

Back
Top Bottom