Assassin's Creed Valhalla

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
Become Eivor, a mighty Viking raider and lead your clan from the harsh shores of Norway to a new home amid the lush farmlands of ninth-century England. Explore a beautiful, mysterious open world where you'll face brutal enemies, raid fortresses, build your clan's new settlement, and forge alliances to win glory and earn a place in Valhalla.

England in the age of the Vikings is a fractured nation of petty lords and warring kingdoms. Beneath the chaos lies a rich and untamed land waiting for a new conqueror. Will it be you?

Lead Epic Raids

Lead your people in massive assaults against Saxon armies and fortresses, and expand your influence far beyond your settlement's borders. Command a crew of raiders and launch lightning-fast surprise attacks from your longship to claim your enemies' riches for your clan.

Visceral Combat

Unleash the ruthless fighting style of a Viking warrior and dual-wield axes, swords, or even shields against fierce, relentless foes. Choose your tactics and dismember opponents in close-quarters combat, riddle them with arrows, or assassinate them with your hidden blade.

Write Your Viking Saga

The advanced RPG mechanics of Assassin's Creed Valhalla give you new ways to grow as a warrior and a leader. Influence the world around you while acquiring new skills and gear to suit your playstyle. Blaze your own path across England by fighting brutal battles and leading fiery raids, or form strategic alliances and triumph by your wits. Every choice you make in combat and conversation is another step on the path to greatness.

Grow Your Settlement

Grow and customize your own settlement by recruiting new clan members and building upgradable structures. Get better troops by constructing a barracks, improve your weapons at the blacksmith, discover new customization options with a tattoo parlor, and much more.

Share Your Custom Raider

Create and customize your own mercenary Vikings to share online, and reap the spoils when they fight alongside your friends in their own sagas. Recruit mercenaries created by other players, and add their strength to your forces.

More information.

Not a surpise given the game is nearing it's end of life cycle. So it makes sense to offer a complete version on other online services now that the game is fully complete.

I used to hate Ubisoft Connect but it's forced on everyone who plays the game. Unless you get a cracked version to play which is getting rarer every year with Denuvo DRM.

Same. Their games being available on Steam doesn't mean much when you still have to launch their platform on top of it.
No issue with Steam starting a lightweight version of their app, as long as my game isn't tied to a platform where games go to die, where I have no confidence it'll be around for however long it'll be around. Plus, steam achievements :D

No issue with Steam starting a lightweight version of their app, as long as my game isn't tied to a platform where games go to die, where I have no confidence it'll be around for however long it'll be around. Plus, steam achievements :D
Well, if/when you do get around to it, check out Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Far Cry 5. Those are the best games in their respective series (Imo).

No steam achievements for Valhalla. I stopped worrying about multiple clients awhile ago. I’ve been running EA, UBI and steam at start up for well over a year now with no issues.

Funny bug after i defeat this guy, happens every time :D
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWS8fx0U2ik

Also in Jotunheim, my mount always looks like this :LOL:
c4AFMf9.png

Last edited by a moderator:
After 120h or so i finally got bored but still have around 5-6 regions to explore in England, next time :LOL: . I finished the 2 addons though in Ireland and France which were pretty long. Anyway if devs want to take lessons how to artificially increase gametime should play this one; half the doors are barred or locked, you need to find the person with the key but they got no key, youhave to find notes about the key, and then go to the 4th location where the key is lol. My mistake though as i went to find all treasures/mysteries/artifacts while exploring. I even forgot about the story if the game even has one, you just go different areas and make pledges with your usual templar enemies controlling from the background.
Mirage might be a breath of fresh air.
ps found this somewhere
D8tufO5.jpg

Nah when the new forum was implemented it messed up a bunch of the database in the conversion. The new bot added over 400 games but it seems never changed the date. :LOL:

After 120h or so i finally got bored but still have around 5-6 regions to explore in England, next time :LOL: ....
Haha, the same here, but with Odyssey. Got totally burned out by the thing: after 190 hours, I finally had enough of this Ubi-style open world stuff for my entire life :D

I've played Valhalla for about 10 hours (enough to reach the title screen forcrissake!), then got fed up with this incredibly dumb game design.
Honestly, I'm having seizures just by thinking about playing it again.

Ubi just don't understand when to stop things. We got bored not because the game has not enough content, but because the game gets absolutely boring after a while.
Fortunately (...ehh...not really... camaraderie, lads!) they are now in financial trouble, so this may force them to re-think their development strategy.

Back
Top Bottom