RPGWatch - Some Maintenance Needed

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Update: The maintenance has been completed.

In the very near future, either today (Friday) or tomorrow, we need to do some maintenance on the database to remove all VBulletin stuff. As that is part of the same database RPGWatch is using, there is some risk of things not going as planned. To be able to recover from that unlikely scenario (when do we ever make mistakes :) we'll make a backup of the database before this action takes place. And to make sure that restoring the database will make things look exactly the same as before we can't have our editors making changes to the database while we are working on it, hence the maintenance mode.
This only effects the news site and not the forums. However, we are also introducing an RPGWatch bot, who takes the place of my user ID in managing the interface between the news site and the forums. For that it also requires a change in the forums database, to make it look like I never did some of the things that are now quite obvious and I can blame the bot when it doesn't work.

As an extra bonus, with this news post I also get to test something else I have changed...

More information.

Indeed, busted.

1658487003806.png

EDIT: If that's any help to anybody... I went as far as ignoring him (I know, I know, it's bad...). And I don't see all the fake games news anymore! I'll probably let that for a few hours until the whole list is done. :)
Hopefully I won't miss anythine else?

Hopefully I won't miss anythine else?
The bot also creates news post on the forums, but all traces leading back to it have been removed. No evidence can be found anymore. So, perhaps it never happened.

Without evidence there is no proof of that.

It looks like it is going to happen on Saturday.

"To be able to recover from that unlikely scenario...we'll make a backup of the database before this action takes place."

Well, that puts you one step ahead of the Secret Service.

Back
Top Bottom