The Witcher - EE Impressions @ Gram.pl

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The Witcher official site is pointing out a feature on the Enhanced Edition at Polish site Gram.pl, which serves as a reminder to our existing knowledge of the improvements:
One of the most noticeable changes is the differentiation of in-game character models. Now there is a greater variety due to the color of NPC's clothing, also the monsters have a wider skin color range. Moreover, second - plane characters have been altered. Such persons as Carmen, Hairy Bear's Innkeeper and Jethro the jailer are noticeably different.
They also have four new videos from GC - an EE promo trailer and short (English) interviews with designers Katarzyna Kuczynska and Marek Ziemiak and project lead Maciek Szczesnik.
More information.

So, really they are just changing some of the named NPC's and everyone else just gets more clothing variety eh? That isn't quite what I had envisioned when they said "much more character variety." But then again, the characters never bothered me to begin with.

BTW... Anyone hear what the survey results were and the resulting decision whether or not to release an "upgrade version" in boxed format?

Indeed.
When it comes to immersion, the rather low diversity of character *faces* is one of the little glitches of this otherwise great game. If memory serves me well, I thought that the developers had actually promised new faces in the extended edition, not just textures tricks on clothes.

Even the texture tricks would be very welcome. Having every "fat merchant" look exactly the same was driving me batty. At least now there will be "fat merchant in blue" and "fat merchant in green".

Since I already bought the game, everything they do is pure gravey for me. It's like I paid somebody to add a room to my house, got it, and liked it a lot. A year later, they come back and spruce the room up a bit for free! This isn't just a matter of fixing things that should have been working at release (and there were definitely some of those), this is really adding to what I bought.

Has anyone heard whether it will be possible to continue playing previously saved games, or will a restart be required?

Back
Top Bottom