Pentiment - Release: November 15

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Redglyph that the Adventure-RPG Pentiment will release on November 15:

Pentiment Releasing on November 15

Obsidian Entertainment and the team behind Pentiment are very happy to announce the game will be launching on November 15 for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows 10/11 PC, Steam, and with Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass. Pre-orders for the game are open today as well as pre-installs being available with Game Pass.
More information.

Crossing fingers that this one isn't delayed. I'm too curious to see what it's like.
Something tells me Obsidian will do everything they can to make sure this gets released on time. I don't see this game faring well against the competition it would face if it got pushed into 2023.

Hard pass as the graphics and setting don't interest me. :disappointed:

Day one for me. Graph style feels "fresh" and I am very interested in the time and setting. Although, I am sure the game will be different than I imagine it.

I thought you were a history fan? Though it's a very particular setting to be fair.
From interviews it's more of an adventure game then an RPG, and the chosen graphic style doesn't help. If it was more like Kingdom Come then I wouldn't be complaining.

This is just an indie passion project made on a small budget.

From interviews it's more of an adventure game then an RPG, and the chosen graphic style doesn't help.
Understandable. :)

Yes, the style is special and minimalist. I hope it's possible to make it write the text faster, I wasn't convinced by this particular "animation" and I think it would quickly be annoying.

It is described as a narrative-adventure on the GamePass page, which isn't my cup of tea for a video game; even though the setting is appealing. I'll probably just read The Name of the Rose again.

Pentiment: Why This Very Different Game Still Feels Part of Obsidian's History

Joe Skrebels and Rebekah Valentine got hands-on with Pentiment, Obsidian's latest offering coming soon to Xbox Game Pass, and they're here to tell us why this very different game still feels part of the studio's history.
Pentiment Gamescom Preview Roundup

Back
Top Bottom