Encased - Matt Chat 492

Who watches someone ramble on about a game for 2 fracking hours? Especially one that is not even that new. FFS

Who watches someone ramble on about a game for 2 fracking hours? Especially one that is not even that new. FFS
I guess you are new to the whole cRPG genre. Matt interviews plenty of people who made games 20-30 years ago. This topic would be considered quite new compared to most of his interviews.

The interview is actually one and a half hours. You may not be the intended audience if you don't like indepth analysis.

I know I am not the intended audience, if I have 1.5 hrs of free time for gaming then I am going to play one.

Oh nice, they're going to add more content again in patch 4. It was originally supposed to balance the combat only.
Thanks for watching for me. I have encased ready to go but its always lower down the list because of everyone saying the seci d half is not good. If they flesh it out more that's good for me.

Thanks for watching for me. I have encased ready to go but its always lower down the list because of everyone saying the seci d half is not good. If they flesh it out more that's good for me.
If you're not in a hurry, at this point it's best to wait indeed. I'll let you know if I hear anything about it; it will be in the news in any case.

I've watched it yesterday. It was a pretty informative and cool interview. I was a little concerned at first because it seemed unprepared, but it turned out all right. A timestamp list would have been welcome for such a long video, to be honest (1h22' of interview); I almost made one but I got the idea too late.

Slava is a nice dev and he's obviously passionate. I agree with his analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the game, and it's good that he acknowledged the lack of balance between exploration / combat / story / character build at the end of the game. Though they had a good recipe with the 30-30-30-10 rule (percent of each activity) and the idea of switching the type of activity frequently enough.

I skipped the rather long part about the books since I haven't read them, but I kept the references. Anyone read Roadside Picnic (Strugatsky) or Under the Dome (Stephen King)? And I didn't know that Matt wrote a book, it looks a little bit like the CRPG Book.

I bought this at release and quite enjoyed it for the most part.

I think I got distracted - and felt combat was a little overly simplistic for my tastes.

I also heard the nearly universal criticism aimed at the latter half of the game regarding sparse content, so I was hoping that might be remedied somehow - eventually.

I skipped the rather long part about the books since I haven't read them, but I kept the references. Anyone read Roadside Picnic (Strugatsky) or Under the Dome (Stephen King)?
Roadside Picnic is a classic if you like post-apoc. It's also what largely inspired the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series.

I loved this game when I was playing it, but have been waiting a long time for these patches. At least this is good news to see they are going to be adding more content to the game as well as more polish. I really think this game is very under-rated.

The Under the Dome novel is far superior to the telly show. And I still look forward to playing Encased, though now with more content coming, I've no issue waiting a bit longer.

Back
Top Bottom