Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon - Gameplay Trailer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
A new gameplay trailer for Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon:

Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon - Gameplay Trailer - Future Games Show Gamescom 2022

Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon has a dark, gripping atmosphere which descended onto the Future Games Show, revealing gameplay from Awaken Realms Digital's open-world RPG, which is coming to Steam Early Access in Q4 2022.
More information.

Coming along very slowly. Still very interested in this one.
Have you played any of the developer's previous titles? They released a game called Tainted Grail: Conquest last year, but it doesn't look similar to this. It's some kind of deck-building roguelike.

Hmm..from what I remember Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon was a spin-off of Tainted Grail: Conquest. It was mentioned in one update how both games took different paths.

This version has my interest over the deck-building roguelike.

Both these games originated from the Tainted Grail board game kickstarter. They originally promised one RPG video game set in the same world as the board game. They started to work on that game and then shifted to making Tainted Grail: Conquest, which was more of a rogue-like game - and said the second, more RPG-flavoured game would follow, which is this game.

I'm not a fan of rogue-likes but did play Tainted Grail: Conquest a bit and I guess it's a decent game. It seemed to capture the dark setting of the board game pretty well... though oddly, this trailer feels farther away from that (which would be bad thing imo, as I like the grim, alternate-Arthurian take in the board game).

Back
Top Bottom