Jagged Alliance 3 - Impressions @ Wccftech

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Wccftech give their first impressions of Jagged Alliance 3 from a presentation at Gamescom:

Jagged Alliance 3 Impressions - Returning to the Past

There's little doubt that Jagged Alliance as a series has faltered, or more accurately, it never really managed to follow the high of Jagged Alliance 2, released in 1999. Having gone through many publishers and developers, THQ Nordic has been the owner of the IP since 2015, then publishing (under the Handy Games label) Jagged Alliance: Rage! Last year, they finally announced Jagged Alliance 3.

If there's one thing worth saying, developers Haemimont Games are the most experienced team to have worked on the franchise, having created titles like Tropico 4 & 5, Omerta - City of Gangsters, Victor Vran and Surviving Mars. While I couldn't get hands-on with Jagged Alliance 3 at Gamescom, I was shown a presentation and asked a few questions while at it. The inevitable question is what I thought about this first look at Jagged Alliance 3.

[...]

The question will be if Haemimont manages this. We won't honestly know until some unrevealed time in the future. THQ Nordic isn't pressuring Haemimont, letting them get the game right. I can't say if this will be a true Jagged Alliance; it was a thirty-minute presentation. My first impressions are that Jagged Alliance 3 is on the right track, but only time will tell.
Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

This was missed last week as well.

Jagged Alliance 3 Interview - PCGamer
It's hard to overstate just how important Firaxis's XCOM reboot was for PC gaming. In the years since its release, the turn-based strategy and tactics genres have experienced a renaissance, and most of the games that followed owe a debt to Firaxis's mix of classic tactical depth and more modern, streamlined conveniences.

But what if you're trying to make the successor to a different turn-based classic? Then, it seems, XCOM's legacy can be a hindrance instead.

Issue with most of these Articles about JA3 is that they are basically just mentioning a presentation and they are all staying so superficial and only using press fottage, so that you basically get all the info already by watching the 2 trailers yourself + the Live THQ Interview from Gamescom

And in this case you even got bad info mixed in.
"The main strategic map is split into around sixty sectors"
That's obviously wrong. You can just count yourself, the map has already been shown. Also in other interviews they mention 160 and 200. So my guess is that in the presentation they misunderstood 160 as 60 and thats what you read there.

thnx guys for the news and updates!
looking forward to play this!

Back
Top Bottom