RPG General News - Torchlight Infinite Open Beta September 5th

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports that Action RPG Torchlight Infinite is set to go into open Beta September 5th.

XD GAMES has announced that the open beta phase for the next part in the Torchlight series, Torchlight: Infinite, will begin on September 5th. This beta will be available to everyone and will last until September 18th.

Torchlight: Infinite is a loot-based action RPG that will be using Unreal Engine 4. The developers claim that the game will combine the classic series gameplay with high-quality graphics. Moreover, the game promises to have a deep powerful skill system that will allow players to create a rich variety of character builds.

[...]

More information.

The only good thing I can say about Diablo Immortal is that it demonstrated that it's not impossible to make a reasonably engaging action RPG as a mobile game.

From what I hear, this game is actually quite good - and it's supposed to be something approaching reasonable when it comes to the business model.

I intend to give it a shot, anyway.

Is this even the same developer? Did I miss the sale of the IP?

Thanks my interest has fallen to zero now.

Wasn't there an MMO version from Runic Games? I remember reading about it. Ah that's right it was cancelled and made into Torchlight III. Alright that solves that question.

Correct I checked Torchlight III was developed by Echtra Games.
Echtra Games is a San Francisco-based game studio comprised of seasoned developers who helped shaped the world of action role-playing games. The team was founded in early 2016 by Max Schaefer, co-creator of genre-defining game franchises like Torchlight and Diablo.
Still the IP's future is not looking good. o_o

I sometimes felt that TL 2 played too quickly, but this just looks out of control. It annoys me that some developers have to turn everything into a race to see how quickly something can get done. Boring. They did this with Diablo 3 and those insipid timed rifts. I guess some like it, but I just mostly ignored that aspect of the game.

Back
Top Bottom