Forspoken - Preview

A couple of minutes of listening to that dialogue was enough to convince me I will never play this game. I've seen a few of YongYea's reviews and he seems a reliable enough person to judge these console type games. $70!!! ouch.

Previews seem to be mixed and yeah the high price point is a turn off. :nod:

I still think this could be a good game and I'm looking forward to seeing what it's like when it's done. 70 bucks is pricey but not surprising, given how Square seems to price most of their PC titles these days... but ultimately price is rarely a factor for me in whether I'll play a game - just when I'll play a game (waiting for eventual sales).

Nah like JDR said it looks like it will be another Babylon's Fall. Square punished that game as well with the high price point, and a few months later it was abandoned for low sales.

They sold off their western developers to publish games like this.O_O

A couple of minutes of listening to that dialogue was enough to convince me I will never play this game. I've seen a few of YongYea's reviews and he seems a reliable enough person to judge these console type games. $70!!! ouch.

Well in the video below the dialogue (cutscene) with fat blacksmith was pretty ok. But I agree that personality of main heroine will be probably problem for many players. Especially those remarks towards cuff. It will probably bomb just because of this thing.

It also seems that they make fundamental mistake when they blended agile hero with strong mage. Usually it makes sense that mages are weak in close combat and slower to balance their sheer magical power. But in this game you can easily run from many enemies which makes a lot of gameplay pretty "artificial" - you just run around and fly over and bomb targets. Boring.
Maybe with better encounter design and more enemy mages the gameplay would be finally interesting. But it doesnt seem likely.

One of the story cutscenes:

Back
Top Bottom