Chained Echoes - Interview @ TBL

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Turn Based Lovers interviewed developer Matthias Linda about the J-RPG Chained Echoes:

Ten turns Interview with Chained Echoes Developer Matthias Linda

An old-school experience set in a beautiful world

Chained Echoes was crowdfunded in 2019 via Kickstarter. The game is scheduled to release in late 2022 for Windows, Mac, Linux, Nintendo Switch, Sony Playstation, and Microsoft Xbox One. The art here is wonderful.

Hello, first let me say thank you for agreeing to the interview as I and fans alike are excited for the game Chained Echoes.

1st Turn: I know some information about Deck13, the publisher doing this game who mightbe known for publishing Cross Code, but I couldn't find much information about the main developer, Matthias Linda, other than that he is from Germany. Could you tell us a little about yourself and what led you to wanting to make Chained Echoes?

Answer: Oh I'm basically just a huge fan of JRPGs who happens to know a bit of coding and design. I've studied the unusual combination of Modern Japanese and Design before starting to work as a motion designer for some agencies. I've always been dreaming of creating my own JRPG, which is why I started a Kickstarter campaign and quit my job. Now I'm here several years later and about to release my first RPG.

[...]
More information.

Gameplay Demo video is quite mediocre, despite developers trying to create Epic Sky Combat..

Back
Top Bottom