RPG General News - 8 Upcoming CRPGs & TRPGs

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Well every game on that list except Sovereign Syndicate has a higher chance of being released before Baldur's Gate 3. Now excuse me I'll show myself to the closest door. :biggrin:

Every game on that list is on my radar. I'll be playing them all eventually. ^^

I'm also pretty keen on all of them as well. Broken Roads. Rogue Trader and BG3 in particular.

BG3, Rogue Trader, Colony Ship, and Broken Roads should all be great. Pretty sure all the rest are a hard pass...unless maybe Cyber Knights: Flashpoint is worthwhile, haven't seen much on that one.

In the next 18 months or so, I'd say BG3, Urban Strife, Cyber Knights: Flashpoint.
Rogue Trader (if I like the setting) and Broken Roads if my card can afford those Unity games. I already know that Sovereign Syndicate won't be possible.

Maybe JA3 though I have no idea when it'll hatch and how good it'll be. I'll play Colony Ship once it's released but I already have the EA. Not sure when either.

In the next 18 months or so, I'd say BG3, Urban Strife, Cyber Knights: Flashpoint.
Rogue Trader (if I like the setting) and Broken Roads if my card can afford those Unity games. I already know that Sovereign Syndicate won't be possible.
Why do you think you won't be able to run Sovereign Syndicate? Did your card have issues with the demo?

Why do you think you won't be able to run Sovereign Syndicate? Did your card have issues with the demo?
Yes, it was quite demanding, though the devs said they were working on it. Anyway, in the mean time I saw that the game was due mid-2024 (maybe sooner but we know how it usually goes), so there's still time to re-evaluate.

I'd throw in World of Anterra and Skald: Against the Black Priory as CRPGs coming out next year—also Songs of Glimmerwick, for those who don't mind the lack of combat. None of those look like they should be much trouble to run. 2023 really is looking like the best RPG year in a while.

I'd throw in World of Anterra and Skald: Against the Black Priory as CRPGs coming out next year—also Songs of Glimmerwick, for those who don't mind the lack of combat. None of those look like they should be much trouble to run. 2023 really is looking like the best RPG year in a while.
If we're throwing in other 2023 games that haven't been mentioned yet, then you've also got potentially Urban Strife, the System Shock 1 remake, Avowed, Starfield, Dragon Age 4, Outer Worlds 2... Could be a good year, but we said that about 2022 too, and I think it ended up probably being the worst on record.

If we're throwing in other 2023 games that haven't been mentioned yet, then you've also got potentially Urban Strife, the System Shock 1 remake, Avowed, Starfield, Dragon Age 4, Outer Worlds 2... Could be a good year, but we said that about 2022 too, and I think it ended up probably being the worst on record.
At least half of those are definitely coming out next year not just potentially. I doubt we'll see Dragon Age 4 or The Outer Worlds 2 until 2024. Not sure about Avowed.

Back
Top Bottom