Gedonia - First Look

Anybody play this? It sounds nice and the reviews are quite good.
@crpgnut is your man for Gedonia impressions.
I've only played in the first area, and it was a long time ago.

@crpgnut is your man for Gedonia impressions.
I've only played in the first area, and it was a long time ago.
Was this the one that had a demo where you start out approaching a little cabin in the woods ?

Was this the one that had a demo where you start out approaching a little cabin in the woods ?
What I remember of the beginning is that you're climbing a mountain and you slide down into a cave (which is the tutorial area).

Played about half an hour. My impression so far: if you want a fairly priced game with lots of charm and enjoy open world exploration and want to support a genuinely caring and helpful indie developer then give it a try. If you want a AAA combat and graphics experience then it's probably not for you

Lost me at build and make your own story. (n)

I'm playing it, it's fantastic. The exploration and soundtrack are the selling points - there's a great draw-distance and little knick-knacks to find. The game play mechanics are basic, but outdone by the world and adventure. It's a good game for people who just want to see stuff and feel good. Like Gothic set in Breath of the Wild.

I might try it after I get my internet restored. Yeah, I'm still waiting on Comcast to fix this area. 🙄

I'm not a fan of the low-poly style, but anything that gets compared to Gothic is something I have to look at.

Ditch Comcast they are overpriced garbage with poor tech support. :biggrin:

Oh I will be as soon as something comparable comes to this area.

It's hilarious how incompetent they are sometimes. I received an automated text from them yesterday saying my service had been restored. Meanwhile, the cable between my utility pole and the next one is still lying in the street.

Reminds me of when I lived in Illinois and the power pole basically exploded. Felt like an emp went off right next to my window. Had Comcast at time also and still had to pay.

Took the power company a month to restore power and fix the grid.

Had Comcast at time also and still had to pay.

Took the power company a month to restore power and fix the grid.
I immediately called and put my account on hold after the hurricane. I knew Comcast would probably still try to charge me the entire time I didn't have service.

I'm playing it, it's fantastic. The exploration and soundtrack are the selling points - there's a great draw-distance and little knick-knacks to find. The game play mechanics are basic, but outdone by the world and adventure. It's a good game for people who just want to see stuff and feel good. Like Gothic set in Breath of the Wild.
This is giving off Crystal Project (which I am thoroughly enjoying) vibes in terms of "world and adventure." I'll pick this one up. Thanks.

I've never heard of Crystal Project, I'll wish list it and take a look

I've never heard of Crystal Project, I'll wish list it and take a look
I hadn't either until now, and it does look kind of neat.

Looks like the older pixel Final Fantasy games, but like Gedonia it's another make your own story game. I might give it a try if I have nothing to play. A very big if. ^^

Thanks for sharing the steam link.

The characters in Crystal Project do kind of resemble the ones from old Squaresoft games, but it looks like it's using some kind of voxel graphics engine. It reminds me more of something like Cube World.

Back
Top Bottom