Gotham Knights - Release Day

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Gotham Knights will be released today:

Gotham Knights

Batman is dead. A new expansive, criminal underworld has swept the streets of Gotham City. It is now up to the Batman Family; Batgirl, Nightwing, Red Hood, and Robin; to protect Gotham, bring hope to its citizens, discipline to its cops, and fear to its criminals. From solving mysteries that connect the darkest chapters in the city's history to defeating notorious villains in epic confrontations, you must evolve into the new Dark Knight and save the streets from descent into chaos.

Gotham Knights is an open-world, action RPG set in the most dynamic and interactive Gotham City yet. Patrol Gotham's five distinct boroughs in solo-play or with one other hero and drop in on criminal activity wherever you find it.

Your legacy begins now. Step into the Knight.
More information.

Reviews have been very harsh. No player reviews yet as it's not released on Steam.

Yep, I think following in the steps of the Arkham games is tough. And not everyone will be excited as playing as a sidekick. I find it much more interesting playing Batman than Robin, for example.

Catastrophic failure. Could be a long time before a new AAA Batman game is released, a shame.

We have been persistently and viciously beating up poor and mentally ill people in Gotham city over 80 years now, yet there seem to be no sign of improvement in criminal situation or social well being. Are we dong something wrong there?

Sales are poor too, dying light 2 had 10 times more players online on release day

We have been persistently and viciously beating up poor and mentally ill people in Gotham city over 80 years now, yet there seem to be no sign of improvement in criminal situation or social well being. Are we dong something wrong there?
I once saw a comedian ask why we like Batman - he's a self-pitying billionaire who straps on a suit of armour at night, to go out battering the disadvantaged. :biggrin:

There are enough reviews on Steam now, they confirm it's clearly a game to avoid.
They largely have to do with the catastrophic performance issues, rather than the game's content. That is perhaps fixable in the long run, even if something like that will ruin a launch and kill sales.

Batman: Arkham Knight was a poor PC port as well. WB and Rocksteady had to eventually halt PC sales and give refunds. They re-released it and offered free upgrades.

Seems history is replaying itself again.

I saw quite a few complaints about the poor game mechanics too.
Yes, but there are also a number of people who say the game's content is fine, but they are leaving a negative reviews because of the performance. I would say the vast majority of the negative reviews are due to technical issues. There are also positive reviews, though noone is saying the game is a masterpiece. It would be interesting to see the positive/negative review ratio if the game ran smoothly.

Question that should be asked is it the same studio WB used to port Batman: Arkham Knight? I know gamers tend to overact with player reviews but it might be warranted.

Afaik, Arkham Knight wasn't ported by a third party. All versions were developed by Rocksteady. I'm not sure why the PC version had so many issues.

Afaik, Arkham Knight wasn't ported by a third party. All versions were developed by Rocksteady. I'm not sure why the PC version had so many issues.
Yes it was.
The twelve people credited for working on the PC version of Arkham Knight work for Iron Galaxy Studios, a lesser known developer that has primarily developed for the last generation consoles and iOS. This is the team that worked on Destiny for the PS3, the PS Vita version of Borderlands 2 and helped out in the development of Batman: Arkham Origins, which also suffered heavily on the PC at launch.

I guess that sort of flew under the radar. That company isn't even listed in the Wikipedia entry for Arkham Knight.

It didn't hurt the game in the long run though at least as far as it's Steam rating.

Last edited:
It was a huge PR scandal for the publisher and developer in 2015. So it's been over seven years for steam reviews to balance itself out after the newer version was released. ^^

Anyway the Codex is having a blast with some of the game contet.:ROFLMAO:

Hint the game went full pride and BLM in some quests and side content.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom