Asterigos: Curse of the Stars - Review @ RPG Site

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
RPG Site checked out the Action RPG Asterigos: Curse of the Stars:

Asterigos: Curse of the Stars Review

I wasn't quite sure what to expect, going into Asterigos: Curse of the Stars. It is, after all, the debut title from Taiwanese developer Acme Gamestudio, so there's practically no pedigree to speak of.

However, even with all the other big RPGs from big brands releasing around the clock, sometimes it's nice to experience something new & unknown, something a bit more focused and smaller-scope, and something not tied to any existing brand or property.

And honestly, I enjoyed Asterigos much more than I expected to.

The playable character of Asterigos (that's pronounced AST-terr-reh-gohs) is a young woman named Hilda, a warrior of the Northwind Legion who travels to the cursed city of Aphes to find her missing father & tribemates. Aphes has been stuck in time for centuries, due to the titular Curse of the Stars. As Hilda seeks out her brethren, the history of Aphes & its curse slowly comes to the forefront, and Hilda's actions will unavoidably shape its fate.

[...]

Asterigos: Curse of the Stars is a better experience than I expected it to be. Despite its shortcomings, such as excessive dialogue, translation oddities, quest issues, and some awkward area design, for those looking for a comfortable action RPG with a satisfying story & competent combat, Asterigos deserves a chance.

Score: 7/10
More information.

Back
Top Bottom