Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - Dragon Age: Absolution Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
RockPaperShotgun reports on the trailer for Netflix animated series Dragon Age: Absolution which is set in Tevinter like Dragon Age: Dreadwolf.

We've finally got a proper look at the upcoming fantasy animated series Dragon Age: Absolution, heading to Netflix on December 9th, thanks to a new trailer. The series is made up of six half-hour episodes following Miriam, an elven mercenary, and it's set in Tevinter. That's where the next Dragon Age game, Dreadwolf, will take place, too. Have a watch of the trailer below.

[...]
More information.

Not really gaming news but hey I'll take it as it's not another JRPG.

I forced myself to watch that Cyberpunk anime last month, but it was painful. I appreciate the art, just not the style. Not sure I like DA enough to watch this unless it ends up having something significant to do with the game, other than general setting.

I enjoyed the Cyperpunk anime a decent amount, as my first anime ever, so I'll keep an eye on this.

As a fan of anime most Netflix versions are sub-par. I'll pass as I hated the Cyberpunk anime. Just couldn't get attached to the new characters. Others love the show though.

One thing it did right was to make watchers buy Cyberpunk 2077.

There is another Dragon Age and Mass Effect movie as well.

Seems like making anime and TV series is a new standard (or at least a trend) for AAA studios to sell their games. Did CDPR start this trend with the Witcher or someone else?

Seems like making anime and TV series is a new standard (or at least a trend) for AAA studios to sell their games. Did CDPR start this trend with the Witcher or someone else?
BioWare and Electronic Arts are all I remember making animated movies for IPs.

When I see stuff like this my first thought is "why?"

Then it's something like
I think it's safe to say I'll pass on this.
More than anything when I see this kind of thing I'm hoping it can't negatively impact the production of games. And we're already talking EA here so hopes are already at a super low point to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom