Hogwarts Legacy - Gameplay Showcase

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Hogwarts Legacy has some new gameplay video.

Join Game Director Alan Tew, Senior Environment Artist Boston Madsen, Community Manager Chandler Wood, and special guest Community Host James "XpectoGO" Whitehead in this all new look at #HogwartsLegacy.

In this gameplay showcase, our hosts will take you through a deep dive into the character creator, a small tour of Hogwarts Castle, and an introduction to combat.

Always be the first to get #HogwartsLegacy news at go.wbgames.com/HogwartsLegacy
More information.

1.6 million views in one day...this game will sell if it gets anything close to decent reviews. Looks like the pace will be quite slow, which I do not mind. I am looking forward to the release. Bought a console to run this and Starfield yesterday :)

Happy Father's Day everyone. Congratulations to all father watchers.

Even though I'm not a fan of the books or films, this seems oddly compelling to me. Possibly because some of Rowland's more obnoxious characters are not in it?
Anyway, while the setting is beautifully and impressively recreated, what happened to the shadows? The lighting is so mellow and bland, it really distracts from the veracity of the game world.

Anyway here are some shorter videos of the live-stream.

Hogwarts Legacy: 20 Minutes of Touring Hogwarts School

As we already know, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is massive. So ride along with some of the developers of Hogwarts Legacy as they give you a gully guided tour of some of the places you'll get to visit in the game.
Hogwarts Legacy: Guided Combat Gameplay

Curious about the combat in Hogwarts Legacy? Well look no further! Ride along with a few of the developers of Hogwarts Legacy as they show you wants in store for players when the wands start shooting!
Hogwarts Legacy - Character Creator Gameplay Overview

Hogwarts Legacy held a livestream where they showed off a bunch of brand new gameplay. In this video, the developers run through the fairly expansive character creator you'll get to play with when first booting up the game.

Not really a Harry Potter fan but this does look like it could be a good game. If reviews are decent, I'd likely try it. For me too, I think the world is kinda cool; just wasn't too fond of the books or movies (I only read the first book - which I thought was pretty poorly written, and I found the films to be so-so).

Now at almost 2.1 mio. views at YouTube. It amazes me that the franchise is still going that strong as the books and movies are quite old by now. The last movie was in 2011.
But still you can find whole stores completely dedicated to Harry Potter - merchandise. And my cousin is celebrating her birthday with a Potter - theme...

It doesn't look like anything special to me, but this IP is almost like Star Wars in terms of popularity. Just having the name on it is going to sell some copies.

This looks indeed nice.
However I don't feel like playing an RPG with a child or teenager as a protagonist.

Last edited:
Not really a Harry Potter fan but this does look like it could be a good game.
It's a funny thing, I don't really care about the Potter characters at all.
But the setting I do find truly interesting - so in essence, the game could really be for me.

And, would you look at that, the game actually doesn't look terrible.

I really like the HP movies 1-8, but I doubt the game will be my bag. If it was my bag then I'd be all over it.

Too me it looks nice visually, aside from the somewhat stilted facial animations. But the gameplay seems very rigid and a bit rough. I'll most likely try it out, but I have a feeling I'll lose steam throughout playing it. We'll see.
It looks like a much improved version of all the old HP games from the 2000s, which were 3rd person adventure games.

I played the 1st one and enjoyed it as far as I could a 3rd person adventure, but, ultimately, that format isn't my bag.

Going RPG with that kind of style reminds me a lot of the Fable series, which many loved but, again, just wasn't my bag.

I can't see why the many fans of 3rd person adventures and RPGs wouldn't find a lot of fun with it.

Back
Top Bottom