Witcher 3 - Next-Gen Releasing December 14th

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
CD Projekt RED have announced on Twitter that the next-gen edition of The Witcher 3 will arrive December 14th; free for existing owners.

The next-gen update for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming on December 14th, free for everyone who already owns the game. For more details and gameplay reveal, tune in to REDstreams next week on https://twitch.tv/cdprojektred.

FhiMqSTX0AYMFDb

More information.

Well it's free at least otherwise it wouldn't be worth a cent on the PC. ^^
Enhanced with the power of next-gen consoles and modern PC hardware in mind, the upcoming update will feature dozens of visual, performance and technical enhancements, including ray tracing support, faster loading times on consoles, a variety of mods integrated into the experience, and much more! On top of that, we’re adding a set of DLCs inspired by Netflix’s The Witcher series, such as new weapons and armor for Geralt and alternative looks for select characters.

The next-gen update is freefor everyone who already owns any version of the game. For those who don’t have the game yet, a dedicated next-gen version, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition, featuring all enhancements, free DLCs and story expansions: Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine, will be available for purchase digitally on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC, with a physical release at a later date.

In addition to the next-gen release, the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch versions of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will also receive an update featuring numerous additions and improvements, as well as the Netflix Witcher-themed DLCs. Further details, including the release date, will be announced soon.
Ray tracing and new Item DLC's for the PC.

The graphic enhancement has been available on the nexus for years.
The modder is working for CDPR and does share some images, but I doubt it will be vastly improved over his older free upgrade for the now dubbed classic version of the game.

Last edited:
The Witcher 3 is the only game I enjoyed a whole lot, out of dozens of very enjoyable games over the decades, which I have not replayed. Several years ago after playing the two DLC which were well-received but I thought were mostly more of the same, I just haven't wanted to return to this world. This update, if not very minor, might prompt me to finally replay it.

I haven't played TW3 since release, so I'm looking forward to this. It's already one of the best looking games I've played. I want to see what it looks like with Ray tracing.

One thing that doesn't look very good in the current game are the trees in Velen when it's windy. They could have easily addressed that by making Velen a bit less windy place. Geographically it would make sense to have Skellige windy but swampy inland Velen not so much.

It's time for me to get a Geforce RTX 3060 Ti. Oh, the perks of not having played the game yet :)

just fill the game world more with new quest and make it a party based rpg and you get a cheap new game that you can resell for a fraction of the cost of making a witcher 4

just fill the game world more with new quest and make it a party based rpg and you get a cheap new game that you can resell for a fraction of the cost of making a witcher 4
No way. The White Wolf works alone. ;)

Besides, I don't think that kind of change would be as easy as you make it sound.

I've been playing it off and on for years, I'm almost at the end of the game proper. It's an amazing game but two DLCs to finish up the story.... Don't know if it'll ever happen but this graphic upgrade could prompt me to try.

I've been playing it off and on for years, I'm almost at the end of the game proper. It's an amazing game but two DLCs to finish up the story.... Don't know if it'll ever happen but this graphic upgrade could prompt me to try.
Get good as they say I finished the entire game and DLC multiple times already. The same with Cyberpunk 2077. Guess I have way to much free time in the last five years.:biggrin:

Well sorry for being disabled, retired, divorced, and my kid is now an adult with his own life to live. So I have at least 10-12 hours a day to do anything I want to. It sucks I know. ^^

Want to know my secret check out cheat-happens, wemod, and Fling.

Back
Top Bottom