Munchkin Digital - Early Access Version released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Early Access version of Munchkin Digital has been released:

Munchkin Digital

Kill the monsters! Steal the treasure! Stab your buddy!
In partnership with Steve Jackson Games, the iconic tabletop card game Munchkin brings its murderous mischief to digital devices!

Go down to the dungeon. Kick in the door. Kill everything you find. Backstab your friends. Steal the treasure and run.

With millions of copies sold around the world, Munchkin is the mega-hit card game about dungeon adventure...with none of that stupid roleplaying stuff. You and your friends compete to kill monsters and grab magic items. Don the Horny Helmet and the Boots of Butt-Kicking. Wield the Staff of Napalm...or maybe the Chainsaw of Bloody Dismemberment. Start by slaughtering the Potted Plant and the Drooling Slime, and work your way up to the Plutonium Dragon!

Shuffle Up an Adventure!
You're a Munchkin...and Munchkins love treasure! But a stack of pesky Monster and Curse cards are between you and your hard-earned loot!

• Munchkin is played in a series of rounds using Door cards and Treasure cards to explore a dungeon.
  • Build a character by combining Race and Class cards, then gear up to face the lurking monsters!
  • Kill monsters and collect Treasure to level up! The first Munchkin to reach Level 10 wins!
But wait...there's more!

• Cross-platform, online multiplayer shenanigans!
  • Learn the tricks of the adventuring trade in a dungeon-delving tutorial!
  • Sharpen your blade in Solo Challenges with special rules!
Go looking for trouble in Munchkin. Hey, we're all going to get roasted and eaten sometime.
More information.

"with none of that stupid roleplaying stuff. "

Way to piss off roleplayers...

Daniel.

"with none of that stupid roleplaying stuff. "

Way to piss off roleplayers...

Daniel.
I've played Munchkin card game many times with friends and it's quite fun. I hope the digital version has the same fun factor.

Munchkin is.... a thing. I tried it when visiting friends a couple of times, but it always felt a bit full of itself, and didn't land for me.
There's a boardgame version (Munchkin Quest?) as well as the card game, and that might work better.

One of the most fun games to play with friends. But I'm not sure how well it can translate to digital: how can you fully enjoy the groans of distress from your friend as you and another buddy team up to ruin his chances for survival?

Munchkin is fun when playing in person with the right group of friends, because of its silliness. I don't think it will translate and be much fun playing digitally. Mechanically speaking its a wildly luck driven game, where skill plays a marginal role. I own the card game and would actively discourage anyone from buying a digital version until a lot of reviews have been written. I can't see myself buying it in any case.

Never heard of it and that trailer was butt useless - gave me nothing. I learned more about it from this thread. Dire Wolf does some decent stuff and the price is within reason.

Back
Top Bottom