Cyberpunk 2077 - Two Years later

I'm hesitating between Red Dead Redemption 2 and this one for my next game, to fill the hole left by KCD now that I've finished it. I'm not a big fan of shooters, but it seems that both have a good deal of that, though they also have enough other features to make up for it. 🤔

I would go RDR2 for sure. It is fully complete and a brilliant game as well. CP2077 still has a GOTY edition coming in the not too distant future.

The question eventually boils down whether you feel more for western/wilderness or sci-fi/city setting at the moment. As a game RDR2 is something special. CP2077 is a good game too but not a similar master piece.

My *big* problem with r2d2 is the online requirement and third party login to play single player. Furthermore when they release some 'hot' new game the service becomes overwhelmed and you can't play your single player game. For that reason i've resisted the temptation to buy r2d2. I mean why reward a company for that sort of crap in a single player game ?

My *big* problem with r2d2 is the online requirement and third party login to play single player. Furthermore when they release some 'hot' new game the service becomes overwhelmed and you can't play your single player game. For that reason i've resisted the temptation to buy r2d2. I mean why reward a company for that sort of crap in a single player game ?
I don't have a big issue with the Rockstar Games Social Club nonsense, I put up with that for GTA V I think, and having to be online to login each time is not great but OK, it's just poor design though.

As long as it doesn't have the Denuvo crap.

I'm hesitating between Red Dead Redemption 2 and this one for my next game, to fill the hole left by KCD now that I've finished it. I'm not a big fan of shooters, but it seems that both have a good deal of that, though they also have enough other features to make up for it. 🤔
Just go for a mainly-melee build in Cyberpunk 2077. I started a second playthrough with that, and it was frickin deadly.
By the end you'll be dodging and bullet sponging and dicing them up before they know you exist.

I was like 90% melee in C2077. I loved using blades and fists, and later the mantis blades. I really enjoyed going melee in that game.

As long as it doesn't have the Denuvo crap.
Every CPDR game will never have DRM. If they did supporters/older fans would revolt, and they couldn't sell the game on their own storefront. Might change in the future though.

Now with Rockstar well your forced to use the soicial club, and they implement heavy DRM. This is known to cause problems with every PC release, and they don't care.

They usually used Arxan DRM but have since moved to Denuvo.

Last edited:
Don't know who is Idris Elba and don't really care but:

I have a feeling that I have seen that trailer months ago. IGN claims it is new so be it then...
It's definitely new.

The Wire is one of the best TV shows of all time. That's how a lot of people know Idris Elba.

Ever CPDR game will never have DRM. If they did supporters/older fans would revolt, and they couldn't sell the game on their own storefront. Might change in the future though.

Now with Rockstar well your forced to use the soicial club, and they implement heavy DRM. This is known to cause problems with every PC release, and they don't care.

They usually used Arxan DRM but have since moved to Denuvo.
From what I've seen after searching for it, it's a cocktail but without Denuvo.

Yeah, at least CDPR doesn't include those nasty DRMs.

The Wire is one of the best TV shows of all time. That's how a lot of people know Idris Elba.
Ok, never heard of the Wire. Perhaps it's a North America thing or then it's shown here too but I just don't watch a lot of TV. Even less TV series...Nice if people like her.

From what I've seen after searching for it, it's a cocktail but without Denuvo.

Yeah, at least CDPR doesn't include those nasty DRMs.
Pity that they'd spoil good games by forcing that crap on people's computers. My computer wouldn't be able to run these games anyway, so never had this problem. Played on cloud anyway, so being online kind of made sense.

He is a character actor in many movies, but not a big star that everyone would know. I actually got him confused with another actor who was in the 1st season of Homeland (a great tv show series). They bear a striking resemblance, but it wasn't Idris Elba in Homeland, it was a different actor who played the head of the CIA during the 1st two seasons of the show.

The other way some people know him (besides The Wire, a popular tv show, that I personally never saw) is that Idris Elba was being considered in the role for the next James Bond at one point, which would have made him a worldwide star, of course. But I think that fell through, and now he is getting a bit too old.

The other way some people know him (besides The Wire, a popular tv show, that I personally never saw) is that Idris Elba was being considered in the role for the next James Bond at one point, which would have made him a worldwide star, of course. But I think that fell through, and now he is getting a bit too old.
Well, starring a DLC for an AAA computer game is almost the same, right? :p

Back
Top Bottom