Chained Echoes - Review

It's a decent B-grade RPGMaker looking game in a over abundant market. I was excited when these type of games were allowed to sell on Steam, but lately find them lacking.

It's another me problem as I played over a thousand of them in 30 years.:|

Last edited:
Really don't care they look basically the same.

Most of these games are made with whatever they call the RPGMaker tools nowadays. There is another program that is the same. In some cases nowadays it might be Unity.

Again they all look the same.

Nothing about these games is original anymore.

Idk, I could tell right away that it wasn't done with RPG Maker. That's what made me curious enough to look it up. I thought maybe there was a new version of RPG Maker with a different engine or something.

Yup, a kick starter project from years ago, and one of those that always kept folks up to date, at least from what I can remember. Of course, being favorably compared to an rpg-maker type is, of course, a compliment in my journal.

I was excited when these type of games were allowed to sell on Steam, but lately find them lacking.
In general I agree with this - but for me, this one looks like a cut above most of those games coming out. I think the pixel art is quite well-done and I like the look of the gameplay and battle system from a couple videos I've watched.

I've have already bought it, but need some time to play it.

Back
Top Bottom