Alaloth - Winter Update

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Early Access version of Alaloth: Champions of The Four Kingdoms got a major update:

New features, quests, mobs, locations and much more!

Hello Champions!

Here we are, Winter Update is live on Steam now! As we've already said here, plans have slightly changed on the way, so we are going to provide all the info you need to understand what's going on in the next weeks, leading to a glorious start for the new year! A massive changelog is available at the bottom but let's go step by step and let's begin with the latest news from Plamen!

HARDCORE MODE AND PERMADEATH
Here we are with two of the most requested features since a long time. We have set-up a survey to hear from you about this and, surprisingly, the vast majority of the players asked for these new options as in-game options instead than just tabs in a menu. So we tried to figure out a way in between what's already available in other games and something new as we like to do. We think to have found a good way to integrate both options at the best [nothing set in stone being in EA but still].
Both Hardcore Mode and Permadeath options will be available after a succesfull first run. Once you've done in Plamen for the first time, you can start a new character and you will be able to customize the experience. The initial flow has been changed so you are not going to end the tutorial and jump directly to the capital city. Since now on, you can take some time inside your stronghold before leaving for the capital city and with your second run, you'll have the chance to interact with a character in the training ground, allowing you to turn on Hardcore Mode. This means a few interesting things: all the mobs will increase their HP and PD by 75%, you and your party will start with -25% HP and PD and all the items equipped will be lost in case of death! The choice is not reversible, so it's something to be decided before leaving the stronghold for the first time. About Permadeath: a Martum Shrine is now available on the world map. Worth a visit if you want to bond yourself to the god of death: no resurrection if you die, game over!

[...]
More information.

to all the naysayers who thought it was abandoned
Nay my fellow watcher I called it the thrice delayed piece of crap with a troubled development team. Even if it releases sometime in the next year the saying is true.

Many might ask Couch what do you have against the game? Honestly nothing the game sounds and looks great. My problem is more with the lying deceitful development team.

Nay my fellow watcher I called it the thrice delayed piece of crap with a troubled development team. Even if it releases sometime in the next year the saying is true.

Many might ask Couch what do you have against the game? Honestly nothing the game sounds and looks great. My problem is more with the lying deceitful development team.
What did they do? I missed it. Was it about the comparison to Baldur's Gate?

What did they do? I missed it. Was it about the comparison to Baldur's Gate?
No I could care less about that. Just read the last few news-bits.

I wrote a small post months back about this games development.
No it wasn't crowdsourced but it was announced back in 2018. First it was supposed to release in 2019 per updates, but was pushed back to 2020 for more development time.

Moving on to 2020 they went silent for a while with a few updates. Rumors and leaks started surfacing that game development was stalled due to a few critical bugs.

The developer claimed it wasn't true shared a few updates and moved the release date to 2021. We all know that didn't happen and had a few more months of silence.

Moving on to 2022 they announced they bought back the game from their publisher, but cant share any details why. Now we get a new release date but for Early Access.

Only three years late and this update claims the game is a mess but completed. So you see I have valid concerns why I shouldn't care about their excuses and reasons.
T.L.D.R a short summary.
Five years of development, missed deadlines, a dropped publisher, and now admitting the Early Access version was the complete game missing many features.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom