RPGWatch - Game of the Year 2022 and Most Promising RPG 2023 Vote

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Like every year you can vote for the RPGWatch Game of the Year 2022 and the Most Promising RPG of 2023:

For both categories you can select the first, second and third place. The famous game -none- can be selected, too.

Vote here!

(until 7. January 2023)

More information.

I struggled with a bronze place for most looking forward to, as I'm struggling to find the time to research all the plethora of new projects coming along and that most of the kickstarter era hype trains now pretty much done and dusted, but other than that I filled that all in a lot quicker and easier than most years with none of my answers being 'none'.

I don't know which is harder, find GotY material in 2022 or choose among all the games of 2023. ;)

Since I've only played 3 "2022" games (and not tempted by any other so far), it was simple but I'm sure they're not winners.

For 2023, after some hesitation I selected 1. Starfield, 2. BG3 and 3. Hogwarts Legacy. It's likely to change with previews and more information about the games, the only one for which I know what to expect is BG3.

Curious about the results. :)

Voted for ELEX2, as for 2023 Dragon Age but probably 1% chances to release that year

My top three of 2022.

1. ELEX II
2. Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness
3. Expeditions: Rome

Most promising of 2023.

1. Baldur's Gate 3
2. Starfield
3. Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader

Only changed one vote. :unsure:

Last edited:
I'd be surprised to see that game in 2023 too, but who knows. :)
Might who knows as 2023 was the target when it was announced. Though thanks to the Codex thread, it looks to have had a troubled development over the last two years.

Drum roll will BG3 be most anticipated game for the 3rd year in a row? As for game of the year I only played Weird West so any other votes for game of the year on my part are only conjecture.
I find I'm getting farther and farther behind the current releases. It's not necessarily a bad thing though as by the time I get around to playing a game it's been properly patched.

Drum roll will BG3 be most anticipated game for the 3rd year in a row?
Well it's been in development and hyped for years and fits most tastes I wouldn't be surprised. I look forward to playing other games but were limited to just three choices.

So since I never played the EA version it's still my most anticipated.

I wanted to choose the new Warhammer TB RPG as #1 but again choice is limited.

Noticed Avowed on the list for Looking forward to in 2023... hmmm
I'm replaying Alpha Protocol now (on Steam Deck no less), so as always I am excited yet nervous for any release of theirs!

Well it's been in development and hyped for years and fits most tastes I wouldn't be surprised. I look forward to playing other games but were limited to just three choices.

So since I never played the EA version it's still my most anticipated.

Same - I have intentionally stayed away from the EA and learning too much about it so it will be fresh when I grab it!

Since I've only played 3 "2022" games

I was surprised to see in my Steam 2022 'Playback' that I'd played *5* 2022 games! Sure less than an hour for two of them, and one you played as a cat wandering around, but still ... :D

I was surprised to see in my Steam 2022 'Playback' that I'd played *5* 2022 games! Sure less than an hour for two of them, and one you played as a cat wandering around, but still ... :D

I'm only counting the RPGs in that list, but sure, there were the demos and a few non-RPG games. According to Replay, 25 new games and 17 demos, I'm not sure there were so many. :oops:

Ah yes, Stray? Didn't try this one but it looked fun. :)

Bummer, no Xenoblade Chronicles 3 on there... nor Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom for the 2023 list 🤔

1. Elden Ring
2. Xenoblade Chronicles 3
3. Asterigos

For me in 2022:
1. Elden Ring
2. Elex II
3. None
Looking forward to in 2023:
None.

Bummer, no Xenoblade Chronicles 3 on there... nor Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom for the 2023 list 🤔

1. Elden Ring
2. Xenoblade Chronicles 3
3. Asterigos
RPGWatch is still a PC only site...

That was easy, no game of the year for me. I barely knew most of the games in that list, let alone that I played them. Luckely I have the backlog, so I have enough older games to play. But I do have some games to look forward to in 2023, if they not get postponed that is...

My votes were going to:
1. King Arthur: Knights Tale
2. Elex 2 (I think it was a good game, not great)
3. None

For most anticipated I was surprised that Jagged Alliance 3 was not listed. So Number 1 went naturally for the most JA-Like game Urban Strife :D
1. Urban Strife
2. SKALD
3. Sword&Sorcery Sovereign

I am also somewhat looking for BG3...but more like because it has to be good from a logical standpoint. I don't feel myself emotionally drawn to it though ^^

Voting is always easy for me because I hardly play more than 2-3 games a year.

GOTY: none

Most anticipated: Hogwarts Legacy and WH40K: Rogue Trader

TBH, my most anticipated is actually PF: WotR DLCs but they aren't on the list :p

I'm still nervous about Hogwarts Legacy but it has HOUSING!!!

WH40K: Rogue Trader - I wasn't impressed with alpha but its still the type of the game I enjoy the most despite TB only combat but with a major caveat - they need to give me an option to skip the space combat.

IMHO it's always hard to choose only three most anticipating games. Next year I could easily vote for, like, 6 great titles :)

Back
Top Bottom