HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Wcctech's best RPGs of 2022 are mostly J-RPGs:

Wccftech's Best RPGs of 2022 - The Year of the JRPG

Wccftech's Best RPGs of 2022
2022 was another standout year for RPGs, from brand new IPs from the progenitor of the Souls subgenre to indie darlings that surprised in more ways than one. Whether you prefer your RPGs more verbose or leaning more towards stylish action, there's plenty to fill entire weeks of your free time.

Notably, it was an especially great year for JRPG fans. Almost every game on this list comes from Japan, although something like Elden Ring cannot truly be classified as a JRPG. Without further ado, here's our list of the best RPGs released in 2022.

Weird West (8)
Elden Ring (10)
Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin (8.2)
Star Ocean: The Divine Force (8)
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (10)

[...]
Honorable Mentions
For avid roleplaying game fans, here's another five titles that nearly made our best RPGs of 2022 list.

Chained Echoes
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion
The Legend of Heroes: Trails From Zero
I Was a Teenage Exocolonist
Pokémon Legends: Arceus
More information.

Elden Ring a rpg? guess i am getting old haha
I know it sucks but Elden Ring has earned almost every top award on the internet this year. It's starting to look like one of those once a decade games that change gaming.

Last edited:
I personally think those should be just called action games rathed than action RPG... (well, I haven't played Elden Ring but I'm guessing its just an action game?)

It annoys me that people call Monster Hunter games action RPG. Its not, there's no character development.

I personally think those should be just called action games rathed than action RPG... (well, I haven't played Elden Ring but I'm guessing its just an action game?)
Combat-wise, you could call it an action game, but the XP (runes) system and character development play a big part for most people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom