Witcher - Retrospective Review

Unfortunately, the next gen patch made my Witcher 3 game pretty much unplayable (and I tried both DX 11 and 12, and even went all the way down to MEDIUM quality; as I wont play a game if I have to go down any less). Now granted, I do have an older system (i5 3570 with a GTX 1080) but before the patch, the game played just fine, but now, it barely runs at all (and I still only game in 1080p, so I know I'm not asking too much of any game here)... At least I had already played through it multiple times over the years, but its still sad that it'll never be reinstalled again becuase of this...

Last edited:
The irony of lowering graphics settings to play a version that's entire existence is predicated on having superior graphics is almost too much.

Back in the day I couldn't play this game on all High or Ultra settings. How times have both changed and staid the same. I wonder if the random crashes still plague the game as well?

I've played the Gog version off and on for years and I don't remember it ever crashing once.
Good to know back in the day it would crash every few hours or load screens.

Unfortunately, the next gen patch made my Witcher 3 game pretty much unplayable (and I tried both DX 11 and 12, and even went all the way down to MEDIUM quality; as I wont play a game if I have to go down any less). Now granted, I do have an older system (i5 3570 with a GTX 1080) but before the patch, the game played just fine, but now, it barely runs at all (and I still only game in 1080p, so I know I'm not asking too much of any game here)... At least I had already played through it multiple times over the years, but its still sad that it'll never be reinstalled again becuase of this...
Have you actually tried playing since they released the hotfix? It made a big difference. I have the same GPU, and I can run it on Ultra settings just fine.

That's rather alarming to read, though I'm not even sure I'd want to replay Witcher three. Anytime they make these updates/changes available there should always be an option to keep the game as is, imo.

Back
Top Bottom