Kingdom Come - First Impressions

Great game, not my preferred style these days yet likely that I will replay it at some point. And aye, the exploration/discovery factor of the game and additional content was top-notch.

Good game, but you need a beefy system to run it on the higher settings. I'm surprised he only just discovered it recently.

good game? Great game!

and a first impression sounds really stupid for this game..

Meh as one who completed the game twice, please announce the sequel already.:fingerscrossed:

@Redglyph I agree but as usual the creator needs new games to showcase on his video channel. I'm guessing he never played the game, and his full review is still in progress.

He just did Alpha Protocol and the older Divinity games as well.

Last edited:
good game? Great game!

and a first impression sounds really stupid for this game..
He does First Impressions before his full reviews that are meant to be 100% of the game.
So it's an inbetween for people who have never heard of the game and to know a review is underway.

He does First Impressions before his full reviews that are meant to be 100% of the game.
So it's an inbetween for people who have never heard of the game and to know a review is underway.
I get that, and I think it makes sense for a recent game. But 4-5 years later and after such a long development, everyone knows about KCD, a "first impressions" can only show a lack of knowledge.

But yeah, standard procedure, and at least we know what he's currently doing. A 100% should keep him busy for a while, I've only unlocked a third of the achievements and I didn't rush it (180 h). ;)

I wonder if the game would still be enjoyable in a 2nd run, BTW.

but how can one miss a game like this? Medieval with a story and great looking!

"First impressions" for Kingdom Come Deliverance fits better into RPG archeology than a news site like RPG watch. That said, I am glad he discovered the game: the roughly 87 hours I spend with it were among the best gaming experiences in recent years for me, though I never quite finished the main story. It's one of those games where you have to run from an angry stare in the beginning, but later on feel seriously overpowered.

but how can one miss a game like this? Medieval with a story and great looking!
I think the only thing that keeps it from being one of the all-time greats is the awkward combat. If they do make a sequel, I hope they implement a different system for the swordplay.

I kind of regret setting KCD aside. I enjoyed my 30 hours but moved on to other things, as I sometimes do. Now I'm in the limbo of not wanting to start over, but not wanting to try to pick up from where I left off either.

I gave it a great review when I played it. The only negative I have with the game is the targetting assist system goes a bit wonky when fighting large numbers of enemies i.e 3-4+. Only really an issue at endgame as early/mid game you probably shouldn't be fighting against large groups (you should be running).

I gave it a great review when I played it. The only negative I have with the game is the targetting assist system goes a bit wonky when fighting large numbers of enemies i.e 3-4+. Only really an issue at endgame as early/mid game you probably shouldn't be fighting against large groups (you should be running).
I had the same issue in big battles. It helps to stay outside the core of the fight and pick more isolated enemies, but the targeting system is hard to control and it's difficult to aim without it...

And as you said, trying to fight more than 1 or 2 enemies at the same time is a recipe for quick death, I've only done that on a mount and even like that it's dangerous. Which is nice, it's more realistic than games like Skyrim where you are invincible after a while.

I think the whole sword combat system has to be remade, maybe it's easier with a controller but it's simply impossible to do combos with K+M because of the unreliable directional arrow.

I don't like preset characters otherwise probably would have enjoyed it. Nice visuals. My buddy from Germany played it a lot and he streamed his game play a lot with me while we chatted on Discord. I got to see a lot of it and also could tell it wasn't for me, although the concept was cool. I need to be able to make my own character and I prefer some fantasy. I get real life every day so for games I always want something more then real life whether it be magic, mutants, science fiction, fantasy, etc.

Nod and agreed, I much prefer to create my own character, yet the openness of this game permits you to do practically anything, at least that's what I was able to determine when I played it. It's really worth giving a shot.

I get that, and I think it makes sense for a recent game. But 4-5 years later and after such a long development, everyone knows about KCD, a "first impressions" can only show a lack of knowledge.

But yeah, standard procedure, and at least we know what he's currently doing. A 100% should keep him busy for a while, I've only unlocked a third of the achievements and I didn't rush it (180 h). ;)

I wonder if the game would still be enjoyable in a 2nd run, BTW.
Here do what I do and cheat to win. :cool:
No more stress from a poorly implemented combat system.

Here do what I do and cheat to win. :cool:
No more stress from a poorly implemented combat system.
Heh. But that spoils all the fun of stressing at night in the woods. ;)

I could hold my own, but as soon as there are several opponents, there's always one who places himself behind your back. It's smart but it makes it almost impossible to win. You have to press on forward against several enemies and try to do combos that just don't work with the mouse.

The whole idea is great, but they should a) use and show a mouse pointer so we know where is up/down/left/right for the arrow system or b) filter the mouse input so that it doesn't change randomly. A slight change could have saved the whole thing, I think.

The only trick that allowed me win was the defense combo because it doesn't involve direction.

I loved the analogue feel of the bow though. Not only you have to increase your skill stats, but you have to increase your own skill to aim correctly on screen with the correct timing and distance estimation, that's pretty good. :)

Back
Top Bottom