Marvel's Midnight Suns - Review @ RPGFan

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
RPGFan checked out the tactical RPG Marvel's Midnight Sun:

Marvel's Midnight Suns

In the SRPG Marvel's Midnight Suns, something wicked this way comes when the infamous, occult-obsessed Hydra resurrects the Mother of Demons, Lilith, beginning a world-ending prophecy. The only thing standing between Lilith's hordes of nightmarish "children" and the return of an evil Elder God to the mortal realm is a motley assortment of heroes from around the globe, led by the resurrected Hunter, Lilith's biological offspring. Can the disparate group learn to work together as a dedicated team to save reality as we know it, or is this dark fate preordained?

[...]

I recommend that you keep the game as updated as possible. I encountered several game crashes when I first started playing. A later update helped curb that issue, but I still had one significant crash during a story scene afterward. It especially made me nervous during the lengthy final mission segment as the game took away the option to save, though fortunately, I didn't have any issues at that point. Hopefully, other patches will make those odd moments entirely things of the past.

Unfortunately, those glitches and the graphical hiccups lead me to curtail my overall review score. Honestly though? With how much fun I had playing this game and how enjoyable the overreaching plot is, I could've scored it higher if it were to overlook those issues. As it stands, I had a blast stepping into the role of the Hunter and getting to hang out and battle with a colorful assortment of Marvel heroes in a supernatural-tinged adventure. I'm already eagerly awaiting the future DLC for Marvel's Midnight Suns. Sometimes, you do draw a winning hand!

Score: 88/100
More information.

Back
Top Bottom