Hogwarts Legacy - Gameplay

Trying not to get too hyped... lol

Pre-ordered this. Super hyped as well, trying not to watch anything on it now till launch.

So why are people so hyped for this? I read somewhere preorders were off the charts

So why are people so hyped for this? I read somewhere preorders were off the charts
I believe that a big reason is the huge popularity of the Harry Potter books and movies.

I read I think the first two books and saw I think the first two movies but I didn't enjoy any of it much ... and yet I'm somewhat hyped for the game (though I won't pre-order it).

The game looks like it's right up my alley in terms of what it's appearing to do and my primary worries are a) that it might not be a good game overall (everyone's concern for every game ever) and b) that the story and characters would be much less interesting to a non-fan like me. If the writing is good, though, I can't really imagine b being a problem.

Indeed. It's easy to forget how popular HP was with a large segment of the population.

While I did enjoy watching and reading the Harry Potter books and movies back then, personally I have little interest in a game using this setting. I prefer stuff a bit more... mature.

I think it is quite enjoyable to see a literary world transformed into a virtual one. I have fond memories of playing Betrayal at Krondor for the first time and seeing the world of Midkemia. Open world style games are well suited for it. I've never read the books but I did quite enjoy what I saw in the videos I have seen. Game writers/designers simply can't match the lore that can be built up over a series of books and players can draw on the lore of the books when finding new locations etc.

I've never read the HP books though so I'm not sure if I will ever play this one.

It's got house decorations, enough said :p

But also, what bjon said - I like to explore literary world transformed into a virtual one :D

HP just doesn't do it for me. If I was 10 years younger I'm sure I would have devoured the books, would be a huge fan and now would be hyped as well.
Actually I'm bit jealous of all of you who can be hyped for this game. Enjoy! :)

Yeah, not my bag - all a bit twee and rambling for me. I used to read books to my little sister, and HP was a drag for me. But, if it is your bag, it definitely looks like an interesting realization of that world.

I enjoyed HP but the appeal, for me, was the returning characters and the relationships that were built with the audience over the series of movies. Plus the wonder of seeing new magic and new applications of it in a time when CGI was first starting to look impressive. Now, we've seen it all to death.

For me, exploring Hogwarts, without any risk of being killed (or killing something back) would really get boring after awhile. Quidditch has no appeal to me, nor does flying on a broomstick. Unless it nails new character development beyond expectations, I can't see it as anything more than a 'neat' experience not worth $60.

But I was a bit too old to ride the Potter wave to the same degree as others just a few years younger. I get it, tho.

HP just doesn't do it for me. If I was 10 years younger I'm sure I would have devoured the books, would be a huge fan and now would be hyped as well.
Actually I'm bit jealous of all of you who can be hyped for this game. Enjoy! :)
You were a lot more than 10 years younger when the books came out, so i'd have to assume this isn't true. :)

I got curious and looked it up. The first Harry Potter book was published in 1997, 25 years ago. Crazy that they've been around that long. That's roughly half my life.

I was 16 in 1997 and Harry Potter wasn't high on my must read list of novels. It wasn't until the movie released in 2001 that I was mildly interested. So yeah I'm old now. :cry:

You were a lot more than 10 years younger when the books came out, so i'd have to assume this isn't true. :)
Obviously if I was 10 years younger now, I would have also been 10 years younger when the books came out (than I actually was when the books came out). ;)
I just wasnt the target audience for the books, I never had interest in them. And that didn't change with the movies and doesn't change with the video game.

I'm hoping it would be childish TW3 like game + housing.

Yeah, I have high expectation which isn't a good thing lol

Zero hype here either but I rarely get all that excited about games before they release anymore. Old and jaded.

I dig the Potter books and recommend them to anybody. I read the entire series in one go after it was already out - very good experience.

I'm so unhyped I know nothing about this game. The cynic in me is imagining Potter themed Stardew with at least half the game being (too close to reality themed) social SIM (and me seeking a barf bag).

Hopefully it delivers for those on the train.

Back
Top Bottom