Non-RPG General News - Denuvo Games Steam Curator

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Denuvo Games Steam Curator tracks all games that come with the Denuvo Anti-Temper Software, that uses kernel-level drivers.

Some current RPG examples:

• Hogwarts Legacy
  • Immortals Fenyx Rising
  • Assassins Creed Valhalla
  • Triangle Strategy
  • Valkyrie Elysium
  • The Diofield Chronicle

More information.

About time but whats worse is publishers just adding it at launch, and not before.That's basically bait and switch but common sense say every big budget game will use it. :unsure:

It's always worth checking the game's Steam page, though sometimes it's hidden in the EULA, sometimes it's not indicated at all.

1673613486459.png

Checking when it's removed is trickier. Sometimes it's possible to see that with SteamDB but it's not often obvious. For Hogwarts it's easy to see it has been added though.

For me the big problem with DRM like this is that I almost always play games many years after launch (I finish maybe one or two games per year), and if they require server communication it becomes less likely the game will function then. Also longer term, that it will be a useless pile of unexecutable code instead of a game.

Never had an issue, and I think it tends to get blown out of proportion. I guess this is convenient for people who are worried about it though.

Haven't knowingly-bought a Denuvo-crippled game since their early days, when they definitely DID f*c^ things up. As already mentioned on here, I think it's wiser to wait a while (few years?) until the Denuvo crap is removed.

To be honest DRM doesn't really factor into my purchasing decisions unless I see a whole bunch of reviews saying it impacts the stability of the game.

To be honest DRM doesn't really factor into my purchasing decisions unless I see a whole bunch of reviews saying it impacts the stability of the game.
It wouldn't impact much for me if I was sure I'd play it near launch, but I would almost always buy from GOG if there was an alternative.

Perhaps because there wasn't much worth cracking in 2022? ;)
Good one but nope only one person can hack the DRM it seems. Goes by the name Empress and you have to pay her. Fools don't realize it's cheaper to buy the game.

Seems the code has to many checks/triggers and if you miss one the game crashes.

Interesting that finally there is a DRM that is almost uncrackable. I still had the impression that DRM is a lost cause for the publishers.

Back
Top Bottom