Kingdom Come - Review @ Mortismal Gaming

Still waiting for the developers to mod this so that normal human beings can prevail in swordfighting...:(:mad:

That's not going to happen, but there are plenty of fan-made mods that tweak the combat in different ways. Just Google "KCD combat mods".

I used to do that, but I haven't bothered for quite a while. Perhaps I should have a trawl through the Nexus site again.

I did not think the swordplay was that horrible with M&K once I got used to it. I even dreamed of it a few times...The archery without mods was worse.

C'mon, swordfighting isn't that difficult. And you quickly meet a master-at-arms who can train you in the game as much as you want.

Look, I flat out suck at action games yet was able to do quite well with this one. You just need to be patient and time things, or at least that worked rather well for me. Running directly into combat is a sure way to get clobbered!

C'mon, swordfighting isn't that difficult. And you quickly meet a master-at-arms who can train you in the game as much as you want.
It's simply impossible to do any combo with K+M, except the defense one, because the mouse input isn't filtered and the arrows just move randomly (even by reducing the DPI to a minimum). So yes, it's difficult.

I don't know...
I completed the game and "won" the melee tournament using mouse and keyboard. Yes, many of the offensive combos were pretty difficult to achieve. But you didn't need them to win. It was a lot about timing, using the right tool at the right moment, positioning...
I really enjoyed the game. Certainly in my top 5 of the best rpgs I ever played.

I think maybe because I spent over twelve years fencing that the sword combat seemed natural and fluid to me. And as noted above, best done with a controller of some sort, I never had any luck trying to use keyboard/mouse while fighting.

Game is now five years old and has a new anniversary update.

Not much of an update unless you speak Czech or Japanese, but it's cool that they're still actively supporting this 5 years later.

It's nice. They're answering most of the comments but they avoid any reference to a sequel; I would really like to know if they're working on the next acts and if so, about when we could expect a release. They surely must be busy with something or the studio wouldn't be around.

No it doesn't, the engine is still good but I've often heard the performances were bad at that time; I'm glad I waited. It's the best-looking game I've played these last years, or at least it's the most convincing one.

No it doesn't, the engine is still good but I've often heard the performances were bad at that time; I'm glad I waited. It's the best-looking game I've played these last years, or at least it's the most convincing one.
I wouldn't say the performance was bad. It simply required a higher end system to run with all the bells and whistles. I remember my GPU sounding like a leaf blower within 10 minutes of starting this up.

Back
Top Bottom