Hogwarts Legacy - Preview @ Gamesradar

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Gamesradar checked out Hogwarts Legacy:

Hogwarts Legacy preview: This could be the wizarding RPG we've been waiting for

Great spell-casting and staggering scale could make this the ultimate wizard fantasy

Hogwarts Legacy wants to give you the freedom to be your best wizard or witch self, even if that means embracing the darkness. After spending about an hour or so with Hogwarts Legacy at a recent preview session, the sense of choice - but also scale - is almost terrifyingly palpable. From dialogue choices, to how to approach specific moments, or even just which spells to learn, it seems navigating your way through the famed school of witchcraft and wizardry - and the alluring narrative that surrounds it - is going to be full of micro-decisions that may, or may not, impact other elements of magical life.

It all starts with character creation. Before you even think about donning house robes, you'll need to decide what your budding fifth-year student is going to look and sound like in Hogwarts Legacy. You have choices based on what face shape and hairstyle you want to go for, rather than body types or gender. You can choose facial features like freckles or scars, and whether to wear glasses (yes, including round Harry Potter-esque specs). There are two voice options - one masculine and one feminine - and then you can choose what pitch your character will speak at. In fact, the only gendered decision you'll have to make is whether you want to live in the witch or wizard dorm when you eventually do walk the halls of Hogwarts. Hogwarts Legacy doesn't have the deepest character creation tool out there, but it's refreshingly inclusive.

[...]
More information.

Thanks for posting this @HiddenX !

Reading this preview I'm a lot more interested than I was previously. The combat seems to be pretty similar to action-RPG-games like the upcoming Star Wars or fighting focused games, which I think a great direction.

Back
Top Bottom