Hogwarts Legacy - Gameplay

Since we're in the setting questions, I'd also like to know if it's possible to remap keys, especially WASD since I don't have a QWERTY keyboard. I've read it wasn't possible, that's disturbing.

I disabled the minimap and only use the glittery path that leads you to the next objective. No idea about the rebinds. They're fine for me as defaults.
In other news, I am losing steam playing it. I think I'm just in a gaming burnout phase, so it might not be the game alone.
Without the minimap, there's a lot of stuff you're not going to see. Trials of Merlin, quest markers, etc.

Without the minimap, there's a lot of stuff you're not going to see. Trials of Merlin, quest markers, etc.
Quest markers still appear in the game world. Those are a separate setting, which I left on.
I assume you can see the trials of Merlin in the game world? I don't think I've noticed anything like that so far, but I assume there's some marker in the game world (an NPC, or a point of interest)?

Generally I try to disable ingame minimaps since otherwise I tend to be spending all time watching the radar/map.

Nevermind, I found out that apparently there are issues with AZERTY keyboards as expected. But I think most of you don't care much about it anyway. That and the Denuvo bit definitely make it a no-go for me.

Is there remapping of keys? I can't use WASD and always remap to the arrow keys on the right side, as well as remapping most keys to the left side of the keyboard area. Not planning on getting it for now though.

Is there remapping of keys? I can't use WASD and always remap to the arrow keys on the right side, as well as remapping most keys to the left side of the keyboard area. Not planning on getting it for now though.
I couldn't find the answer to that, hopefully we'll know more after it's fully released. I've seen reports that remapping keys was not working properly in general (with more acute problems with other keyboard layouts), which seems to suggest there's some remapping available.

EDIT: ah, found something: https://frondtech.com/hogwarts-legacy-controls-and-key-bindings/

I couldn't find the answer to that, hopefully we'll know more after it's fully released. I've seen reports that remapping keys was not working properly in general (with more acute problems with other keyboard layouts), which seems to suggest there's some remapping available.

EDIT: ah, found something: https://frondtech.com/hogwarts-legacy-controls-and-key-bindings/

Thanks - skimmed through it and doesn't say what you can rebind, only how things are mapped and I couldn't play it that way. Oh well not in a rush and not sure I will get it was more curious in case I consider it later.

Are none of you playing with a controller? Combat with a controller is amazing in this game. Im a keyboard warrior for most everything else, but some games actually work well with a controller.

I do keep a controller handy as some games are almost unplayable with mouse and keyboard these days, at least for me. I prefer the keyboard and mouse yet sometimes the controller seems the better choice for certain games.

Thanks - skimmed through it and doesn't say what you can rebind, only how things are mapped and I couldn't play it that way. Oh well not in a rush and not sure I will get it was more curious in case I consider it later.
I assumed all the controls in the screenshots could be remapped and they show the WASD keys, but perhaps I'm optimistic. They already use the arrow keys to look, but it looks like those can be remapped too, leaving only the mouse for that purpose. So you should be able to use that instead of WASD.

1676054459756.png

There's always the refund button is something is fundamentally wrong.

Are none of you playing with a controller? Combat with a controller is amazing in this game. Im a keyboard warrior for most everything else, but some games actually work well with a controller.
I'm more at ease with the direct pointer of the mouse to shoot than timing my move with analogue sticks, but the controller must be nice to walk and look around at the same time (without walking like a crab, I mean).

I doubt they support TrackIR, but that would be another solution. ;)

I am, and yes, it works very well with a controller. The only time a controller is less than optimal is in menus, where you have to guide a cursor over to your selection rather than just pointing at it. Well worth it for the gameplay advantages, though.

Somebody (Bjorn, I think) was conjecturing about how long it takes to get a broom. I just got it (after your first flying class), and it was after around 7 hours of play.

I assumed all the controls in the screenshots could be remapped and they show the WASD keys, but perhaps I'm optimistic. They already use the arrow keys to look, but it looks like those can be remapped too, leaving only the mouse for that purpose. So you should be able to use that instead of WASD.

There's always the refund button is something is fundamentally wrong.

A friend is playing and confirmed it maps fine so I picked the game up and its installing now. I wasn't going to get it but enough people I know who understand my game style have let me know I would probably enjoy it. As you say there is a 2 hour refund window too.

Thank you for your help on this @Redglyph

Back
Top Bottom