Atomic Heart - Gameplay

Whoa, great trailer. This looks like a much more expensive, feature-rich Bioshock with a more plausible setting to boot.

But hot damn, it's got denuvo unfortunately.

Last edited:
Whoa, great trailer. This looks like a much more expensive, feature-rich Bioshock with a more plausible setting to boot.

But hot damn, it's got denuvo unfortunately.
One can always wait for a bit for them to remove Denuvo. Hopefully,it will happen with this one.

This looks really great.
However I fear there won't be much change of pace in the game. I like RPGs because of the possibility to just chill between adventures and do some more relaxing stuff. Doesn't seem to be possible in this game?

This looks really great.
However I fear there won't be much change of pace in the game. I like RPGs because of the possibility to just chill between adventures and do some more relaxing stuff. Doesn't seem to be possible in this game?
I know the voiceover calls it an "rpg" but I don't think it is, not by the definition most people would use. The Bioshock games seem like a better comparison.

I expect it to be ~20 hours long and largely bereft of filler or wandering around.

It's labeled as "action, adventure, RPG" on Steam, but I've never seen anything from the devs claiming it's an RPG. It's not just combat though, there is puzzle solving as well.

I think the non-combat bits probably lean more towards immersive sim than RPG. However, it's a first-person shooter first and foremost just like Bioshock was. The difference is that a lot of the combat here seems to be melee, or a combination of melee and ranged, as opposed to mostly ranged.

As for length, the devs said around 25 hours standard, 35-40 hours for a completionist run.

Back
Top Bottom