Hogwarts Legacy - Review @ EF

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Entertainment Focus reviewed Hogwarts Legacy:

'Hogwarts Legacy' review

Covering Hogwarts Legacy brings up unavoidable issues and controversy. This review will purely focus on the game itself and critique the work of the developers. This isn't a stance on the politics around the game but a review of the art itself.

Hogwarts Legacy sees you as a witch or wizard enrol into the prestigious high school as a fifth year. The reason why the school would allow for such a late bloomer, is due to your innate ability to see and harness ancient and long forgotten magic. A professor named Fig takes you on an excursion to test your abilities and find evidence on the wrongdoings of an evil goblin named Ranrok and his accomplice, the dark wizard Rookwood. While you piece together evidence with Professor Fig, you are tasked with completing lessons and learning useful spells. As you spend time in the school, you make friends with a group of eclectic characters, whose lives may intertwine with Ranrok and Rookwood in surprising ways.

[...]

As a fan of the franchise, I was going to eat up whatever I was given, but I have to say, I'm really impressed with what Portkey Games has done. Hogwarts Legacy is a really strong product, there might be a few little wobbles here and there, mostly the result of the limits of an open world and the repetitiveness it brings, and slightly underwhelming main plot-line. Overall, the game is great and accessible enough for people new to the franchise or those who never cared for it before.

Score: 4/5
More information.

Back
Top Bottom