The Outer Worlds - Spacer's Choice Edition Release Date: March 7

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition will be released on March 7:

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition is the ultimate way to play the award-winning RPG from Obsidian Entertainment and Private Division.

Players who already have The Outer Worlds and its associated DLC, Murder on Eridanos and Peril on Gorgon, on Steam can upgrade to The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition for a reduced purchase price.* To enable the upgrade purchasing option, players must be signed into the same Steam Account they used to purchase the base game and its associated DLC and select the "Complete the Bundle" purchasing option.

You've tried the rest, now come back for the best! The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition includes the base game and all add-on content as the definitive way to play the beloved RPG from Obsidian Entertainment. This remastered masterpiece is optimized to be the absolute best version of The Outer Worlds... even if you choose to play this critically acclaimed RPG as the absolute worst version of your character.

Lost in transit while on a colonist ship bound for the edge of the galaxy, you awake decades later only to find yourself in the midst of a deep conspiracy threatening to destroy the colony. Explore the various planets and locations of Halcyon, including the mysterious Gorgon Asteroid and delightful distilleries of Eridanos. As you encounter various factions, all vying for power, the character you decide to become will determine how this player-driven story unfolds.

In the corporate equation for the colony, you are the unplanned variable.

Key Features:

• It's The Outer Worlds you love, but even better: 2019's hit RPG has been remastered with better graphics, improved performance, additional animations, higher-res environments, and more.
  • Increased level cap: A higher level cap means even more ways to build your character from the seven branches of the skill tree.
  • The player-driven story RPG: In keeping with the Obsidian tradition, how you approach The Outer Worlds is up to you. Your choices affect not only the way the story develops, they also affect your character build, companion stories, and end game scenarios.
  • Lead your companions: During your journey through the furthest colony, you will meet a host of characters who will want to join your crew. Armed with unique abilities, these companions all have their own missions, motivations, and ideals. It's up to you to help them achieve their goals, or exploit them to your own ends.
  • Explore the corporate colony: Halcyon is a colony at the edge of the galaxy owned and operated by a corporate board. They control everything... except for the alien monsters left behind when the terraforming of the colony's two planets didn't exactly go according to plan. Find your ship, build your crew, and explore the settlements, space stations, and other intriguing locations throughout Halcyon.
*Based on Private Division's suggested retail price for The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition on PC. Limit of one upgrade per account.

More information.

So, they want me to pay for some graphics update and a higher level cap when I never had any problems with the level cap before that? Since it seems not to include any new content, that sounds a bit like a shameless money grab....

Agreed with my (almost) namesake! A new questline or three would have gone a long way to making this more palatable. A new location more so. Of course, it also depends on price, but a lot of devs would have delivered this one as a free update. Has it changed publisher?

Game was already too easy at the prior level cap :(. This has Microsoft pressure written all over it, "you want more time on Avowed? You need to make us some money in the meantime." Perhaps there was a time limit on just how long Private Division would reap full profits from sales, under the MS buyout contract.

Moneygrab, I say!

The level cap is literally going from 36 to 99. Can anyone explain the logic behind that? I know they didn't rebalance the entire game.

Not gonna pay for this again. When I first saw the news I thought it would be a free update.
Game is not bad, but the loot system is boring and the reading through the snack infos in the inventory is tedious.

Sounds like "fuck you too" for anyone who bought the game. Perhaps unsuccessful communication. The question is will this come to Game Pass day 1? If it will, seems even more insulting to those who bought it.

What will be the price? EDIT: 10$ if you own all DLCs, 60$ otherwise. Give me a break. Shouldn't wish bad things for others, but in this case I wish they'll encounter an epic fail.

Last edited:
The question is will this come to Game Pass day 1?
After some googling, it seems that I might be able to answer this one. Appears no. The logic being that Game Pass does not tend to contain DLCs and this edition contains them. Hence it would not appear on Game Pass. Fair enough, if true. Don't cite me, though.

Game was already too easy at the prior level cap :(. This has Microsoft pressure written all over it, "you want more time on Avowed? You need to make us some money in the meantime." Perhaps there was a time limit on just how long Private Division would reap full profits from sales, under the MS buyout contract.
Private Division lost the rights a year ago. Also Obsidian had one of its best years without even releasing a RPG game. So I doubt MS is worried but like said this is a Moneygrab.

After some googling, it seems that I might be able to answer this one. Appears no. The logic being that Game Pass does not tend to contain DLCs and this edition contains them. Hence it would not appear on Game Pass. Fair enough, if true. Don't cite me, though.
Probably true as most gamepass games don't include the DLC, but it does happen sometimes. I've seen the complete editions of Fallout and Elder Scrolls but that's it.

I played it for a while but just gradually lost interest. The whole commercial-centric atmosphere just wears out its welcome.

I lost interest in this game while on a desert planet. Can't even recall much of the story. Such a letdown. I was probably too hyped. Better to go in with low expectations.

Yeah, that's what I did. I bought it early but then didn't play it for a whole while, then started while not having anything better to do and enjoyed it quite a bit. Nice game, in itself, feels a bit... "small", but in general I found it ok and wasn't disappointed because no hype feelings ;-)

They can fuck off with their update. Probably publisher's fault.

Back
Top Bottom