Mortismal Gaming - Games to play as the Villain

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Mortismal Gaming presents some games in which you have the option to play the evil side:

Five Of My Favorite Games To Play As The Villain

00:00 Intro
01:09 Red Dead Redemption 2
02:17 Tyranny
03:22 Neverwinter Nights 2: MotB
04:33 VtM: Bloodlines
05:46 Pathfinder: WotR
07:49 Wrap Up
More information.

I do so enjoy playing games where you're the baddy, one of my all-time favourites is the Werdna Wizardry, simply because of that reason.

Red Dead Redemption, I keep seeing that in lists of good games to play, does it compare favorably to the first game?

I do so enjoy playing games where you're the baddy, one of my all-time favourites is the Werdna Wizardry, simply because of that reason.

Red Dead Redemption, I keep seeing that in lists of good games to play, does it compare favorably to the first game?

From what I have read, I am in the vast minority in not much liking Red Dead Redemption 2 (although I did finish it) but liking the first game. That said, Redemption 2 is considered by many as one of the best games of the past several years. My issue is probably with Rockstar as I disliked the extremely popular GTA V as well. I enjoy many action-adventure games (in addition to RPGs, of course) but Rockstar's writing is not enjoyable to me.

Yeah, I'm no fan of the Grand Theft Auto series myself, and I absolutely detest games with poor saving mechanics. What I enjoyed best about the first Red Dead Redemption was that, at times, it really seemed to capture what it was like (to a certain extent) to live and breathe in the western area during that time. If the second game pulls that off equally or perhaps even better, well, that might be enough to sucker-pull me in.

I've become okay with games which only auto-save, as most of them save at enough points that I don't have to force myself to keep playing for an extended time just to get to a save. I enjoyed GTA:SA and GTA 4 to some extent which is why GTA 5 was so disappointing to me as most of the characters are unwatchable (not that they were great in the earlier games). RDR2 didn't have nearly as much of that problem, it just was kind of boring to me (unlike RDR1) and the gameplay of both was not that fun to me. RDR1's strength to me was its story, but I didn't much like the story in RDR2.

If you want to live and breathe in the western area during that time, as in RDR1, then RDR2 is probably good for you as it for most everyone who played it. I say that since RDR2 is pretty much known by most as a classic.

The story in the first RDR was quite compelling, and while I've never replayed the game, if I ever did so, that would absolutely be one of the key reasons.

I didn't enjoy playing RDR2. Mostly because of the gameplay, which I felt was way too scripted. It's like playing a movie with some interactivity instead of a game with some cinematography.

Back
Top Bottom