Jagged Alliance 3 - Embrace the Mess @ PC Gamer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
You can't plan everything in Jagged Alliance 3:

Jagged Alliance 3 is a chaotic action movie homage where all of your plans will go up in flames

Embrace the mess.

My international squad of mercenaries--the not-quite-heroes of Jagged Alliance 3--were enjoying a day at the beach, following up on some intel that an explosives expert was hanging out there. Instead, they found themselves in a sandy minefield surrounded by foes. Naturally, a fight broke out. Several goons were grouped together, which was convenient for my shotgun-wielding medic. One turn in, half of the opposition were either dead or close to it. Then my mechanic stepped on a mine.

Chaos took hold. One of my squad went berserk, ran out of cover and just started spraying bullets. Another panicked, tried to flee and, of course, stepped on another mine. Someone thought it would be a good idea to toss a molotov into the mix. More mines went off. Bullets pinged off rocks and thudded into the sand as shots missed their targets. There was shouting and screaming and threats. A miraculous headshot finally ended the carnage, and somehow my mercs walked away with only nearly-fatal injuries. Just another day in the office.

[...]
More information.

This year is like 1999 all over again. BG3... JA3... Where's my khakis.
Well I would agree but BG 3 isn't RTwP or from the same developer.:geek:

Last edited:
BG3 has been in the oven for an eon meanwhile JA3 feels like it has gone from an idea to being almost ready for release in record time. I know I am going to love both but I am not sure which will end out on top for me. BG3 is going to be epic for sure but it's amazing how much more productive some small teams are. It's like Larian when they made OS:1&2 in record time. I'm hoping JA3 will be amazing so we can perhaps get a JA4 in the not too distant future! If there is a BG4 I may not be alive to see it.

BG3 has been in the oven for an eon meanwhile JA3 feels like it has gone from an idea to being almost ready for release in record time. I know I am going to love both but I am not sure which will end out on top for me. BG3 is going to be epic for sure but it's amazing how much more productive some small teams are. It's like Larian when they made OS:1&2 in record time. I'm hoping JA3 will be amazing so we can perhaps get a JA4 in the not too distant future! If there is a BG4 I may not be alive to see it.
Completely different game types though...

JA3 is the same store with a new window-dressing, oh, it's Christmas so let's dress it up. BG3 is equivalent to building the Burj Khalifa.

I disagree; JA3 is a modern, shiny version hence the Burj Khalifa.
BG3 on the other hand is more like the Sagrada Familia. Already genius, took ages to build and is still not completed. :)

Back
Top Bottom