Non-RPG General News - Gobliiins 5 Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Adventure game Gobliiins 5 is now available for the legendary series. The game was funded on Kickstarter but is not yet available on Steam or GOG.

Gobliiins5 is an an adventure game, full of details, animations, sounds and music. There are many characters, and the background is full of details. There are many things to do in each level. The level of difficulty is not too high, so you can't get stuck very long in the same area. The main concern is to favor the discovery of the game world and the pleasure of participating in a big adventure.

dc8285cf50d46319991600853507dfb5_original.png

[...]

... Sorry, I wanted to put the news in English, I was wrong. Of course there is an English version!

The Gobliiins5 game is over.

It will be released in a few days, a priori on the download platform Itch.io.

Contributors of crowdfunding will receive a direct link per imail to download the game.

The game will not be on Steam, or on GOG, at least for the moment. Maybe later if I find a partnership later.

No physical version either.

There is an integrated French and English version. No other languages at this time. I made the mistake of putting too much text, which makes translations very expensive. I hope to be able to make other languages in a second time.

The game is separated into 4 independent executables. 4 parts of 4 levels each.

I made this decision because of problems with my programming software, I wouldn't do that for the next one, if I did. You will have direct access to the 4 parts of the game, but I advise you to move on to the next part after completely finishing the previous one.

Each party will have to be decomposed into different files.

I hope you enjoy the game. I do my utmost to make it happen quickly.

Pierre Gilhodes
More information.

I never played this series, but remember reading reviews and seeing pretty pictures. Cool that it is back!

Wow I didn't realise Gobliiins is a series. If my memory is correct, I used to watch my cousin playing this on his PC way back when, like 30 years ago. I think it was Gobliins 1.

The level of difficulty is not too high, so you can't get stuck very long in the same area.
I played through all of them a few years back via GOG, it was a fun nostalgic trip back to my childhood when I played most of them, but never finished any. They were notoriously difficult with some puzzles so convoluted or obscure that I had problems solving them even with a walkthrough. So if this new one is easy, it's definitely a 180 turn from the good old days.

I don't get the 4:3 format in 2023 and blaming the software for not making a proper self-contained game but delivering a kind of sloppy 4-part package. I was always a fan of Pierre, but c'mon, something like this wouldn't fly even back in the '90s.

I never played the first ones, but I did play Woodruff And The Schnibble Of Azimuth !

Back
Top Bottom