Steam - New Search Engine

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Couchpotato spotted the Steam store search got an update:

Updated Steam store search

Quick search now includes tags, developers, publishers, and franchises; and is more forgiving with misspelled words.

We've just rolled out an update to the Steam store search to make it easier to explore more of the games available on Steam and find what you're looking for.

We noticed more players searching for particular store hubs, tags, or developers so we've updated Steam to handle those destinations. Lets take a quick look at all the recent search updates:

Search Across Tags and Categories
Released today, the auto-suggestion drop-down that appears when you start typing into the main search field in the Steam store will now return tags, developers, publishers, and franchises if there are reasonable matches. You can search for categories like "Free to play" or individual tags like "survival" or "zombies".

[...]
More information.

They really seem to struggle with their search system. From what I saw, I'm pretty sure that each update makes it even buggier and more difficult to use. Now it shows products that I like as "ignored", even though they are not in my ignore list. :sneaky:

They really seem to struggle with their search system. From what I saw, I'm pretty sure that each update makes it even buggier and more difficult to use. Now it shows products that I like as "ignored", even though they are not in my ignore list. :sneaky:
Can you show those "ignored" in a search? I recently used it without any filter and had 400+ ignored, but now I realize it was perhaps games I tagged ignored, 400+ could seem a lot, but it's quite possible.

Back
Top Bottom